Talk

Advanced search

So this business of using Lanacane anti-chafe gel as a primer..?

(11 Posts)
peggotty Wed 17-Apr-13 09:30:38

Saw on another thread that this stuff is a better primer than most of the expensive actual primers and is great for disguising large pores?? Before I skip off to Superdrug going 'baaaaa' has anyone else tried it with good results?

peggotty Wed 17-Apr-13 12:24:09

Bumpy!

auldspinster Wed 17-Apr-13 12:46:49

It works but it feels quite heavy.

JohnSnowsTie Wed 17-Apr-13 12:56:26

I ordered some last night. I get the impression it won't be something for everyday use...

Someone else mentioned Lacura (sp) serum used alongside the dermaflannel and said their pores are disappearing - quite temped to get that too.

And someone else mentioned Avon skin perfector. There were just too many to choose from! Will prob try them all.

What we need is something that hides pores AND contains SPF.

MostFamousMonkey Wed 17-Apr-13 13:13:38

Avon Skin Perfector definitely helps to disguise pores and it keeps my nose shine free, however for me it dries out my skin. So I have a choice between flaky nose/no pores OR shiny nose/huge pores.
Interested to hear more about the Lanacane.

YoungJoseph Wed 17-Apr-13 13:28:51

Bought it, but not used it, the smell has put me off.

Loads of primer reviews here both cheap and expensive. I'm currently using a Superdrug own brand but as I am new to this primer malarkey I would hesistate to recommend to anyone just yet.

YoungJoseph Wed 17-Apr-13 13:34:37

Just seen that you said 'gel' I've only been and bought the wrong thing (the cream). So even less helpful.

knitknack Wed 17-Apr-13 13:54:34

I think all of these 'silicone' primers (for that is what they are) are only good for certain skin types - if you have oily skin (thank you nature!) they just help everything slide right off again after an hour... very disappointing!!

Misssss Wed 17-Apr-13 14:16:44

YY knitknack. The don't really work with oily skin. I saw it in poundland last week just a heads up.

Ladybloves Sun 29-May-16 12:38:38

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

AllPowerfulLizardPerson Sun 29-May-16 12:39:49

Why are you spamming zombie threads?

Reported

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now