Talk

Advanced search

Wardobe essentials Help!- *Sigh * am grown up need (semi) investment pieces!

(11 Posts)
smellylittleorange Tue 16-Apr-13 23:01:55

I don't have too much too spend but over the next couple of years will need to start investing in stuff that lasts at least longer than a few months. Any recommendations for modest

Black Leather Knee High Boots - flat elegant riding style with zip
Leather Bag - Tan/Brown, and Black ( Have seen a nice leather one in red is this a wardrobe nono?) Have been looking at Peony and Moore, Longchamp Fossil (outlet near me) and Modalu (outlet near me)
Tan/Brown Leather Ballet pumps
Tweed/dark grey blazer
Cardigans/jumpers
Black heels not leather but suede or satin

Am curvy with Norks and a Bum and Thighs and a small waist in comparison - I read somewhere that you have to think carefully about handbag shape

Stuff I have identified
A naice watch - don't wear one but sometimes I need one to feel dessed/ professional iyswim

skagen

Silk top from LK Bennett hoping to find similar in their outlet

A bloody good anglomania skirt

I have some nice brown ankle boots , leather which are lasting quite well at the minute and seem to be well made

Boots

What do you think ??
Anyone seen anything around - or made fab purchases?

smellylittleorange Tue 16-Apr-13 23:02:52

Oh and apologies the r needs a good bash on my keyboard!

JennySense Tue 16-Apr-13 23:06:31

What colours suit you?

smellylittleorange Tue 16-Apr-13 23:16:09

Deep colours in winter , wear lots of navy ,charcoal and red and black. White doesn't suit me. In summer like Blues, lighter greys, corals and navy. Also wear Mink/Taupe/Coffee colours fairly successfully .

I wear navy and grey more than black and tan shoes /boots more than black. Like to save black for specials work and evenings. Thanks.

smellylittleorange Tue 16-Apr-13 23:16:40

Oh and Purples/ Burgundy/Teal in winter

smellylittleorange Tue 16-Apr-13 23:17:56

Have found this website

woolovers anyone used

smellylittleorange Tue 16-Apr-13 23:19:44

Oh and Camel - I Love wearing camel!!

ChocolateCremeEggBag Tue 16-Apr-13 23:52:38

Try LK Bennett Outlet for ballet shoes and boots. At least check your size and then look on eBay as their stuff does last well

Russell & Bromley boots are £££ but worth it as they last and last. Again eBay maybe worth a look if you can check your size first.

Blazers / jackets - really depend on the cut of the jacket fitting your body shape - joules have some funky ones which look good if they fit you, shit if not.

ChocolateCremeEggBag Tue 16-Apr-13 23:53:38

Oh also pure collection cashmere is lovely, again ££ but look in the sale

smellylittleorange Wed 17-Apr-13 00:07:50

Thanks cremeegg , there is a Hobbs and Lk Bennett outlet near me so will have a look. Everyone scrap what I said about black I have pratically lived in a black coat with opaques or black leggings and tunic since August.

suebfg Thu 18-Apr-13 21:23:27

This top is similar to the LK Bennett one and is gorgeous in real life (and much cheaper too)

www.johnlewis.com/hobbs-romaine-top/p395919?colour=Light%20Sea%20Blue

I bought my winter boots from Gabor this year and am very impressed with the quality. I bought these ...

www.marisota.co.uk/shop/gabor-verano-buckle-trim-long-boots/cc343/product/details/show.action?pdBoUid=7506&promo=1116&cm_mmc=GoogleBase-_-Marisota-_-Product%20Feeds-_-na&CAWELAID=1827107152&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CP6gqOKF1bYCFZMbtAod_m8AhQ#colour:,size:

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now