Talk

Advanced search

What trousers if not jeans?

(12 Posts)
JohnSnowsTie Tue 16-Apr-13 14:28:17

I'm looking for a change for summer - something fairly casual but not jeans/jeggings.

What other trousers are people wearing?

Thanks

chanie44 Tue 16-Apr-13 16:19:46

How about some chinos? They are lovely and lightweight, come in a range of colours and are very versatile.

Or linen - not keen on it myself only because it needs ironing, which is something I don't do.

DuchessFanny Tue 16-Apr-13 16:25:23

yes to chinos, i had a few pairs last summer and wore them to death !

milkwasabadchoice Tue 16-Apr-13 16:27:38

I want the same. Am sick of skinnies.
I have bought some weirdish brown twill trousers from cos, and am waiting for them to send me the right size to decide if I like them or not, and just this morning I bought some light cotton trousers from new look - graphic print in blue and white, loose but gathered at the ankle. Will attempt to link. I will be a bit self conscious at first but really want a change of look for the summer,

milkwasabadchoice Tue 16-Apr-13 16:29:46

these!

milkwasabadchoice Tue 16-Apr-13 16:31:08

I know they look hideous but they are v v comfy and make me feel about 5 years younger (mutton alert)

TiredyCustards Tue 16-Apr-13 16:32:43

I wear harems, can't link on phone but next have tapered jersey trousers which I have my eye on as my current harems have a hole from over-wear!

JohnSnowsTie Tue 16-Apr-13 19:10:37

Thanks for the answers so far folks, I had been thinking of chinos... where to get them?

And milk / Tiredy I really like cuff/harem trousers, esp patterned ones. Not sure I've got the nerve though! Have some plain black ones I only wear around the house.

TiredyCustards Wed 17-Apr-13 18:17:40

I have some lovely printed ones from forever 21, can't wait to wear them when the weather warms up.

Atm I wear grey harems with tan leather hi-tops, I think it looks pretty cool and not hard to pull off. It's just a slightly more relaxed silhouette to skinny jeans.

sassytheFIRST Wed 17-Apr-13 18:20:15

I still like combats shock

I have a great cream pair which are quite baggy and gathered at the ankle so vaguely harem ish.

Love em

FrugalFashionista Wed 17-Apr-13 18:26:17

I'm totally tired of jeans at the moment, especially skinnies <yuk>
I wear cigarette pants (bright patterned when it's warm with a simple white shirt). They feel fantastic and look very flattering.

Also thinking of white jeans (could also be chinos), straight leg most likely.

Capris are also theoretically an option but have seen them on a few passers-by and somehow they just look off. (Can make your feet look enormous and accentuate winter-pale skin.)

SeashellHoarder Wed 17-Apr-13 18:39:05

Are you Boden age yet? They have some super chinos there that are really comfy and do look fairly good on. Will not win any fashion awards tho.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now