Talk

Advanced search

Layering under dresses for spring, any ideas?

(9 Posts)
shelldockley Tue 16-Apr-13 13:22:55

I have a number of sleeveless dresses that I wear for work which all winter I have worn with long sleeve tops under. Now that it's (finally) getting a bit warm for that, I'm not sure what to wear them with because I hate my arms. I'll wear cap sleeves, but anything shorter than that on the sleeve looks awful on me. Any ideas what I can wear underneath now? Would 3/4 length sleeves look ok?

shelldockley Tue 16-Apr-13 13:24:12

A couple of them are sixties style shifts, a bit like this:
Shift dress

twolittlemonkeys Tue 16-Apr-13 13:27:07

I think 3/4 length sleeves could work. I've also worn a dress like that with a short sleeved white blouse/shirt with a collar underneath.

Costypop Tue 16-Apr-13 13:27:41

I wear 3/4 or even half length tops under my dresses only found one dress that it doesn't really work with. It's so hard too find a up to date style that doesn't show off your arms with out it looking like a sack, so I always end up layering. Went shopping yesterday and most styles are sleeveless ATM

SirToffeeDoris Tue 16-Apr-13 13:30:37

Article

Another pic

From a blog

shelldockley Tue 16-Apr-13 13:31:24

Thanks for the replies. Has anyone seen any decent 3/4 length layering tops? My favourite long sleeve ones are H&M so I'll have to check them out. Might try a blouse too, never thought of that!

CMOTDibbler Tue 16-Apr-13 13:51:03

I need to cover my arms, and use Wingz under short or no sleeves things so I don't get hot. They come in diff lengths, and because they just sort of fit round your bra, they don't add bulk to dresses

shelldockley Tue 16-Apr-13 15:26:24

Those wingz look good, but not many colour options. I'm so bored of black and white, what colours would you put under cadbury purple?

iMe Tue 16-Apr-13 15:59:28

How about a shrug style top over the dress instead of something underneath. Monsoon have lots every year. I have two three quarter sleeve length ones from there in different colours. They are pricey but last many years. Cheaper options on eBay but I don't know about quality.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now