Talk

Advanced search

How do you care for black patent shoes?

(12 Posts)
MostFamousMonkey Tue 16-Apr-13 11:36:21

Presume best to spray with some sort of protector before first outdoor wear, then what, polish after every wear or is there a special spray ?

MrsRogerSterling Tue 16-Apr-13 11:39:50

For dd's patent shoes I bought a sponge from Clarks that has cleaning stuff in it and swipe them with that a couple of times a week. They are school shoes and still look good even though she has had them since september and worn every school day.

MostFamousMonkey Tue 16-Apr-13 11:49:22

Oh that sounds good and hassle free MrsRS, as I know I won't be bothered faffing with polish and cloths and so on.
Thanks very much.

Jaeme Tue 16-Apr-13 12:23:28

I use renapur leather balm on mine, its colourless so can use it on any shade of leather - you dip the sponge in to pot to pick up a tiny bit and then buff it over shoe. Fab for handbags as well.

AmberNectarine Tue 16-Apr-13 21:11:31

I've got black patent Louboutins, and I just give em a once over with a baby wipe after each wear...

SuiGeneris Tue 16-Apr-13 21:13:06

I thought you were meant to wipe them with milk and a soft cloth...

Ditsydoo Tue 16-Apr-13 21:17:22

I remember a tip from my nan about patent shoes and she always said wipe with milk and buff to a shine 

Neeko Tue 16-Apr-13 21:17:42

If disaster happens (like it often does with DD2) you can buy a little tub of stuff from Clark's that looks like nail polish but will cover up a scuff in patent shoes. It comes in lots of different colours.

Maraki Tue 16-Apr-13 21:27:18

I second the sponge from Clarks, its amazing and great on non-patent shoes too.

mirpuppet Tue 16-Apr-13 22:54:46

glass cleaner works a treat

CherylTrole Wed 17-Apr-13 08:53:47

I read through google that olive oil works. I tried this with a dry cloth and buffed it. Have to say im impressed with the results.

MostFamousMonkey Wed 17-Apr-13 09:20:52

Intrigued by glass cleaner! I've got a big spray bottle of Mr Muscle window cleaner.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now