Talk

Advanced search

Help for my poor skin!!

(6 Posts)
RoomForASmallOne Tue 16-Apr-13 10:28:11

Have any of you lovely MNers any advice??

I am 38 and my mostly good skin has taken a battering lately.

I'm not bothered about wrinkles but my tone is very uneven and recent bad cold sore outbreaks have left me looking 'rough'.

I smoke, I don't drink alcohol and have a balanced diet (as in I shovel in the veg to counter-act the sweets) and I get plenty of water.

I use Vichy tinted moisturiser and No7 if heavier coverage is needed, both work well for me.

I just want something..... (night oil, serum, I'm clueless tbh) that will nourish my skin back to some health.

My budget is tiny!! so any bargain tips will be much appreciated.

Thank you smile

valiumredhead Tue 16-Apr-13 12:27:27

La Roche Posay Ciciplast cream is amazing.

AWimbaWay Tue 16-Apr-13 16:34:54

I've started using rosehip oil instead of moisturiser. I have very dry sensitive skin and have found this great. People have commented that I'm looking well. It feels a bit strange at first if you've not used oils before, I was worried I'd look and feel really greasy, but it actually gets absorbed really quickly and doesn't leave me looking all shiny.

OneLittleLady Tue 16-Apr-13 16:49:33

Superdrug Vitamin E skin oil. it's done wonders for the uneven skin tone and acne scars on my cheeks. Small bottle but you only need a little bit of it at a time

RoomForASmallOne Tue 16-Apr-13 18:19:56

Thanks all.
Much appreciated smile

OneLittleLady I will try that, my skin needs some TLC. I have scarring from the cold sores so hopefully Vitiman E will help.

OneLittleLady Tue 16-Apr-13 18:22:32

You really do only need a little bit of it, it's a 30ml bottle and costs around three pounds but it goes really far, I've had my bottle for around two months and still have loads left. I only use it at night underneath my normal moisturiser but it's really made a difference.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now