Talk

Advanced search

Nail polish, maybe deep blue or something - which brand?

(24 Posts)
boogiewoogie Mon 15-Apr-13 22:50:53

I don't usually wear make up or nail polish for that matter but we're going out on Saturday and I fancy painting my nails if only to disguise how poorly manicured they are!

There are gazillions to choose from at Boots but I'd like one to be quite hard wearing that doesn't chip by the end of the day. What do you normally use? I also fancy something deep blue in colour or is this really weird? I'm wearing blue silky top on the day so will that be tacky to have them match? Really need some advice here to not look like a fashion victim! Thanks.

FunnysInLaJardin Mon 15-Apr-13 22:52:48

always Dior, they have the best colours IMO and the best wear. I have a lovely deep blue from last year

KatOD Mon 15-Apr-13 22:54:25

I've got a few deep blue nail varnishes (so hope I'm not too weird or tacky!). I tend not to care about brand so much and go for the nicest colours but always make sure I put on top coat to make it last a bit longer/stop it chipping easily (even SuperDrug cheaply top coat does the trick). Have fun!

YoniRanger Mon 15-Apr-13 22:58:57

Superdrug are selling Accessorise nail polishes and they have lovely non chipping blues.

ScooseIsLooseOnTheLoopyJuice Mon 15-Apr-13 23:06:16

I love opi ink this

Ouchmyhead Mon 15-Apr-13 23:11:09

I love Nails Inc varnishes, applied properly they always last at least 3 or 4 days for me!

Here's a gorgeous metallic navy colour; nailsinc.com/nailpolish/kabaret-polish/436/

boogiewoogie Mon 15-Apr-13 23:13:28

Thank you for your suggestions.

That OPI one looks very unusual! Is it available in Boots or Superdrug? I'm in town tomorrow so those are the two main places I'll look.

Plentyoffish Mon 15-Apr-13 23:19:45

you should check out Barry M nail polishes especially the new gel formula ones and they are on 3 for 2 at boots

Ujjayi Mon 15-Apr-13 23:40:05

L'Oreal do a nail polish with a built-in topcoat and I bet there must be a deep blue in that range. I was sceptical but it appears to be as effective as separate application of the Creative Nails topcoat (recommended by nail technician friend). I also rate Rimmel 60 second polishes. I have a stunning deep navy with a very subtle sparkle (unnoticeable unless you are very close).

codswallopandchips Mon 15-Apr-13 23:50:41

Another one for Barry M and a shout out to the Gosh range at Superdrug (who do the best pen eyeliner I've found). Both have the added bonus of being quite cheap.

beautybox2 Mon 15-Apr-13 23:53:26

I love Barry m stays on for ages! Lots of lovely colours and glitter nail varnishes for a differ erect look smile

beautybox2 Mon 15-Apr-13 23:54:11

Oops! * Different!

MyNameIsInigoMontoya Tue 16-Apr-13 00:19:15

I love blue ones, Nails Inc Motcomb Street is a nice very dark navy and they also do some great teals etc. Also a bit different but lovely is Andrea Fullerton polish in Mischa, from Superdrug (it's cheap too!), it's a sort of deep navy/grey shade with subtle silver and gold sparkle. Quite understated from a distance but really nice when you look at it properly.

ScooseIsLooseOnTheLoopyJuice Tue 16-Apr-13 09:05:48

I'm not sure about superdrug but I know larger boots do stock some opi polishes failing that john Lewis (if you have one near you) or any other large department store. smile

QueenCadbury Tue 16-Apr-13 10:30:21

I've got this. I really rate mavala and they're only 4 pounds.

TomArchersSausage Tue 16-Apr-13 10:38:19

If you have access to an Avon book their Nailwear Pro+ is very good.

Pootles2010 Tue 16-Apr-13 10:42:47

I really like Essie - I've never really worn nail varnish as can't apply it well, however someone on here recommended it, and its perfect! Goes on easy peasy, really nice colours. Bit more expensive at 7.99, but so worth it!

HintofBream Tue 16-Apr-13 11:04:10

Modelsown have some nice ones. Major Boots do them.

YoniOno Tue 16-Apr-13 12:20:20

Rimmel Lycra Pro (I find the 60 second one chips) or Essie, who are in Boots and have wonderful colours.

libertychick Tue 16-Apr-13 12:51:00

I have this Opi blue on ATM and I love it. I don't know if Boots do Opi - lots of beauticians sell it.

libertychick Tue 16-Apr-13 12:52:03

Not sure if the name of the colour is clear on the link - its 'Yoga ta get this blue'....

BinksToEnlightenment Tue 16-Apr-13 12:56:16

Make sure you're doing a clear base and top coat, whichever varnish you use. It will make it last much longer.

boogiewoogie Tue 16-Apr-13 15:12:34

Okay, so I popped into both Superdrug and Boots earlier on today and bought Barry M in Navy, Vivid Purple and Blueberry on the 3 for 2 offer. Can't wait to try. Thanks again for suggestions!

boogiewoogie Tue 16-Apr-13 15:13:17

That's a lovely colour Liberty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now