Talk

Advanced search

Most flattering placement for a really BIG print on a dress?

(6 Posts)
OhBuggerandArse Mon 15-Apr-13 22:22:42

So I am flirting with the idea of this frock. That may be a bad idea in any case, of course, but humour me for the moment?

If you look at the first shot of the front of the dress, it has a very different placement of the pattern to the one on the alternative shot. Still another placement on this photo.

Supposing I found a real life stockist which had more than one in my size, which sort of arrangement would be most flattering, do you think? Big red flower at bust and hip, or is that too much like one of those 'comedy' aprons with curvaceous laydeez on them? Will an enormous round shape in the tummy area just make me look pregnant? Or does it really not matter that much?

OhBuggerandArse Mon 15-Apr-13 22:24:07

Hm, would have helped if my links worked. Another try at the first one here.

OneLittleLady Mon 15-Apr-13 22:32:21

I like the print but quite honestly, I'd prefer it on a cushion than a dress. Still, if you have the right kind of figure, I bet it could look stunning. I definitely don't have the figure to carry off something as loud as that though. I'm not sure it matters too much exactly where the red flower falls as the whole print is big and loud though I do think the dress would look better on someone taller.

OhBuggerandArse Mon 15-Apr-13 22:52:00

Ah. Yes, it is a bit cushiony. Would be a really good sofa, too. Hm.

Am not hugely tall, but am thinnish I guess - worth a try on at least, or should I just give up altogether?

OneLittleLady Mon 15-Apr-13 22:54:16

I reckon it's worth a try, you can always return it if it doesn't work for you. smile

DewDr0p Mon 15-Apr-13 22:58:28

It's on the homepage on the Great Plains website OP - shown on a model - which gives a better idea what it looks like on iykwim?

I love the colours and print but my norks way too big for it sadly. Would love you to wear it for me though grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now