Talk

Advanced search

Advice needed: what to wear to an event like this?

(5 Posts)
TERRICOVERLEYDoSAC Mon 15-Apr-13 21:13:05

I'm unexpectedly attending an evening event next week with my late Grandfather's old regiment (to commemorate his role in a WW2 battle).

I've never been to anything like this before and have no idea about the dress code - any suggestions about what to wear?

whattodoo Mon 15-Apr-13 21:15:52

What a lovely honour!

Is there any way you could contact the organized to ask about dress code?

What sort of event is it? Dinner, ball, drinks reception?

My first instinct is that you probably couldn't go far wrong with an elegant shift or a tea dress?

Trillz Mon 15-Apr-13 21:17:54

For some reason I read the title on Lloyd Grossman voice.

Who lives in a house like this?

What to wear to an event like this.

Just think - what would K-Mid wear?

TERRICOVERLEYDoSAC Mon 15-Apr-13 21:30:45

Thanks both - think it's two seperate drinks receptions and then some sort of presentation? Starts early evening.

K-Mid tip: helpful but scary. Thinking Reiss sort of style? (And now about Lloyd Grossman as well...)?

beanandspud Mon 15-Apr-13 22:00:29

In the absence of any other dress code information I would go for something like this with heels, and a blazer or jacket.

If it turns out to be formal you can leave the jacket on; if it's less formal you can take the jacket off. I can't imagine that anyone will be wearing anything too daring, I would err on the side of formal/respectful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now