Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a facial wash for my 12 year old son?

(8 Posts)
Sunflower6 Mon 15-Apr-13 21:00:35

I want to buy a facial wash for my 12 year old son, he is starting to get blocked pores but I didn't want to get anything too harsh for his skin - can anyone recommend a suitable one?

squoosh Mon 15-Apr-13 22:36:20

I've heard great things about Neutrogena's Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit on teenage skins. Comes highly recommended. Hopefully the pink bottle won't put him off!

www.boots.com/en/Neutrogena-Visibly-Clear-Pink-Grapefruit-Facial-Wash-200ml_1110491/

chartreuse Mon 15-Apr-13 22:49:33

My boy uses the Nutrogena pink grapefruit, smells delish

CointreauVersial Mon 15-Apr-13 23:33:00

Superdrug do a nice TeaTree one that DS (13) likes using.

Ujjayi Mon 15-Apr-13 23:34:53

My 12 year old uses Simple facial wash. He has very dry skin so can't use traditional teen options as they are too harsh.

MamaMimi Mon 15-Apr-13 23:57:39

Tea tree or peppermint Dr Bronner's Castille Soap. I believe the tea tree would be best for it's antibacterial properties but the peppermint would no doubt be a good next best.

MamaMimi Tue 16-Apr-13 00:03:26

Oh, and just to say if you tried this option to avoid getting in eyes as it's pure soap and therefore stingy <ouch>

ihearsounds Tue 16-Apr-13 00:11:47

We use either tea tree or seaweed facial wash, both from body shop. Different skins, mean we cannot use the same.. If you have one of their shops nearby, you can ask them for samples. Get him to try them and see if there if it helps.

Also, google various companies to see if they do samples. The ingredients vary from company to company. Although I am fine with bs tea tree I cannot use boots.

Lush are very good as well. Cannot remember if they do samples.

St Ives blemish fighting or the apricot are also good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now