Talk

Advanced search

Uniqlo collaborations

(22 Posts)
LifeofPo Mon 15-Apr-13 17:13:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EffieTheDuck Mon 15-Apr-13 17:15:14

Tiny sizing and garments shrink even more in the wash.

LifeofPo Mon 15-Apr-13 17:16:10

Corygal Mon 15-Apr-13 18:03:14

There's a new Cabbages & Roses collab wh is nice, in natural fabrics.

Facebaffle Mon 15-Apr-13 18:08:58

As a side issue, how do you pronounce this shop name? I'm always a bit confused when I see it.

gazzalw Mon 15-Apr-13 18:18:30

I think you've got to be quite young to fully appreciate the quirkiness of the designs. DW cross to discover that the Cabbages and Roses bags are only available in the Oxford Street Store!

LifeofPo Mon 15-Apr-13 18:19:00

chanie44 Mon 15-Apr-13 18:23:26

I'm not keen on most of the collaborations. I popped in today during my lunch break and didn't see anything I liked (greengate, celia, lulu or cabbages). I think the fit is part of the problem as everything is really baggy. I tried on a dress in the cabbages range and it was hideous.

LifeofPo Mon 15-Apr-13 18:25:55

pocketandsweet Mon 15-Apr-13 18:56:46

I have a t shirt from the greengate and two hoodies. Love them.

gazzalw Mon 15-Apr-13 20:48:49

DW was commenting that the designs really suit very slim women. She loves their clothes in theory but doesn't really find much that flatters her! I find the men's clothes good though!

frankietwospots Mon 15-Apr-13 21:53:53

Think it is pronounced 'Unique Lo' but I can't help saying 'Uni Klo'. I loved the Celia Birtwell range and bought a scarf, some cropped trousers, a dress and a long vest. They were all a fab fit!

threepiecesuite Mon 15-Apr-13 21:56:02

I have 3 Orla Kiely Uniqlo scarves, love 'em. The tops looked rubbish though.

Kiriwawa Wed 17-Apr-13 13:21:49

I've got some of the Celia Birtwell ones (a tshirt and a dress) which are really nice.

I had a C&R dress and a shirt delivered today which will be going back. The dress looks like a hospital gown with a print on it and the shirt is very shapeless.

I have an OK hoodie which I like but tend to wear round the house as I decided it's so obviously OK it's a bit embarrassing

Pandsbear Wed 17-Apr-13 15:58:28

I bought 3 of the Lulu Guinness t-shirts last summer and they were worn a lot. Just dug them out for this year and they are still fine. I was happy with them! I didn't find that they shrunk or twisted at the seams etc. Nothing this year has caught my eye.

joliejolie Wed 17-Apr-13 17:21:09

I have a few of the Celia Birtwell dresses that I bought the other day on sale for £19.90 and they are very pretty and well made. Love them actually.

LifeofPo Wed 17-Apr-13 18:59:12

EffieTheDuck Wed 17-Apr-13 19:00:51

Yes.

stripeyjimjams Wed 17-Apr-13 19:04:46

I got one of the Charlie Brown tshirts. Great fit, good length and the fabric seems pretty decent. For a tenner, I was pretty happy!

squalorvictoria Wed 17-Apr-13 21:10:25

It's pronounced you-nee-klo.

I love their stuff. Always found that it fits and washes well. I bought a t shirt, blouse and dress from the Celia range (and LOADS from the Orla Kiely range) and love it all.

fridgepants Thu 18-Apr-13 15:27:33

I have a Cath Kidston tee from a couple of years ago, and it is MUCH thicker and better quality (100% cotton rather than cotton/viscose mix which the Celia ones are) than the ones around now. I think that's more to do with the rocketing cost of cotton, though.

joliejolie Thu 18-Apr-13 16:08:25

The Celia dresses are short, but I was planning on wearing cropped leggings or tights underneath. I've worn the red floral one and got caught in a gust of wind, so was happy to have something underneath.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now