Talk

Advanced search

Skinny high-waisted cotton trousers/jeans - please help!

(20 Posts)
Lottapianos Mon 15-Apr-13 14:57:57

I'm having no luck finding skinny cotton trousers with a high waist. I love skinny trousers/jeans but really need a high waist for the hold-in factor. The last skinny high-waisted jeans I bought were from Next but they went baggy at the knees after a few washes - very disappointing.

I've heard good things about New Look and M&S jeggings. Anyone got experience of either or can recommend something better? Would spend up to £50 a pair if they are comfy and hard-wearing (sit on the floor at a lot at work)

Thanks!

practicality Mon 15-Apr-13 15:12:12

I haven't had a problem with the Next ones but what I will say is you do have to size down in the skinny ones as they have stretch. Mine went back into shape after every wash. Maybe try their lift and shape ones? I think you do have to wash them after every wear though to keep a good shape.

nomazeena Mon 15-Apr-13 18:26:01

http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/jeans/32in-navy-supersoft-high-waisted-skinny-jeans_264472941

these are amazing- I have them in 3 colours- and I've never bought the same thing in different colours in my life. I get asked if I've lost weight when I wear them. (classic pear shape 12 on top 14 on the bottom!)

nomazeena Mon 15-Apr-13 18:26:22

www.newlook.com/shop/womens/jeans/32in-navy-supersoft-high-waisted-skinny-jeans_264472941

these are amazing- I have them in 3 colours- and I've never bought the same thing in different colours in my life. I get asked if I've lost weight when I wear them. (classic pear shape 12 on top 14 on the bottom!)

LifeofPo Mon 15-Apr-13 18:32:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

armagh Mon 15-Apr-13 18:36:49

Joni in Top Shop

LifeofPo Mon 15-Apr-13 18:38:14

PirateShit Mon 15-Apr-13 18:40:46

M and s jeggings in indigo are amazing IMO. High waisted enough to give you the hold in factor, stay skinny all day, and only 22 quid. I've got them in other colours too, and they're not quite as good, but the indigo ones are the dogs bollocks.

amothersplaceisinthewrong Mon 15-Apr-13 18:42:12

I would second the M&S jegggings - the indigo ones. Great value for money and do not ever go baggy.

ivanapoo Mon 15-Apr-13 18:46:22

I have the M&S jeggings and they're good and come in lots of nice colours, but no way near as good/flattering as the M&S Ultimate Comfort Superstretch Jeggings IMO. I got all mine in the sale.

jeggings

I also have an amazing pair of high waist jeans by Cheap Monday called Second Skin in a dark indigo.

tilder Mon 15-Apr-13 18:47:22

Another vote for m&s jeggings. Bargain price, come in lots of colours and have pockets, zip etc so don't look like leggings. Can't believe I actually like something in m&s.

armagh Mon 15-Apr-13 20:31:12

Life of Po,why do you ask?

LifeofPo Mon 15-Apr-13 20:38:33

Lottapianos Mon 15-Apr-13 20:44:09

M&S sounds like a winner then. Are they true to size? I usually fit perfectly into a 14 - stick with that or size down?

Also like the look of those New Look ones nomazeena smile Does the 14 fit you well?

armagh Mon 15-Apr-13 21:21:56

Nice county

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Mon 15-Apr-13 21:49:17

I've got some of these from m&s and they are really good for the money. You need to size down. For that price you can't go wrong.

Or there's these which are a bit skinnier but come in a multitude of colours. They are also lovely but I prefer them in indigo, they're more like jeans whereas the khaki ones I bought were like denim leggings, really tight and clingy. You also need to size down in these.

YoniOno Mon 15-Apr-13 21:54:08

What are the leg lengths in the jeggings? It says short, medium or long, is that 30 32 and 34? confused

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Mon 15-Apr-13 22:50:03

In the M&S ones Yoni? Yes I would say so. I usually have about a 32 and I ordered long which was very long on me. Should have ordered the medium.

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Mon 15-Apr-13 22:51:20

Actually, now I've pressed post, that was for the five pocket Jeggings when I ordered my usual size. They were miles too big. I ordered the next size down which fitted perfectly and the leg seemed more suitable too.

AWimbaWay Tue 16-Apr-13 16:47:42

I have these from Topshop Keep their shape well and are really comfy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now