Talk

Advanced search

Come and talk to me about NYDJ

(12 Posts)
freddiemisagreatshag Mon 15-Apr-13 13:32:38

I am swithering.

I am a uk 14 the woman on their chat said order a 12. Petite coz I'm short and fat.

Skinny doesn't seem to be in petite so it's straight or bootcut.

But they're 140 fucking quid

Will they fit? Make me look amazing? Or is it all advertising bunkum?

mysteryfairy Mon 15-Apr-13 14:07:12

I personally think they look quite frumpy and that there are nicer jeans for the same money around with high rises etc if that is what you want.

There are lots in tk maxx at the moment for £40 so I would check there first if you can. My local lady charges £12 to alter so if there were no petite I would buy longer and get them altered. Sadly no 12s left online now but definitely saw lots of sizes in store.

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 15-Apr-13 14:12:22

I was going to say order off tk maxx too.

SofaCanary Mon 15-Apr-13 14:12:38

Frumpy, massive sized and overpriced.

MrsCampbellBlack Mon 15-Apr-13 14:14:24

My 70 year old mil has some and hasn't been impressed with the quality at all.

I think you can definitely get better jeans for the money.

If you want skinny jeans with a decent rise take a look at the amelies in river island for £30

Manyofhorror3 Mon 15-Apr-13 14:23:04

I love them. They're v comfy too, and good for those of us with long bodies. BUT M&S straight cut jeans are just as good (well nearly) and are only £20.

freddiemisagreatshag Mon 15-Apr-13 14:23:52

ok so if not nydj, then what?

I'd pay for a decent pair of jeans that fit properly

MrsCampbellBlack Mon 15-Apr-13 14:28:12

You know with jeans nothing beats going and trying loads on really - if you're in London then somewhere like Donna Ida is brilliant.

polyhymnia Mon 15-Apr-13 15:01:31

My own experience with NYDJ doesnt bear out negative comments like some here.
I wonder if those who say they're frumpy have actually seen the better styles on anyone - or seen the range of styles they have beyond the boring ones John Lewis stock.
I have several pairs of their skinnies in dark denim snd black - they certainly neither look frumpy nor are poor quality. Wouldn't personally buy anything else. Have tried cheaper eg M and S and they do look awful on me - too baggy in my sizenfor my long slim legs.

Having said that I'm a larger size and if I were 'only' size 14 would probably

practicality Mon 15-Apr-13 15:02:44

The high waisted Next ones are good. They come in skinny,slim leg and bootcut. The bootcut is fitted on the thigh with these and quite a small flare at the ankle. The skinny ones are very good owing to the stretch in them. The straight/slim leg are really flattering. They really hoist everything in.

polyhymnia Mon 15-Apr-13 15:04:41

Sorry - phone decided to post last effort. Was going to say that if I were ' only' 14 would try NYDJ - and yes you do need to go one size down- but would also try other quality makes eg at Donna Ida.

practicality Mon 15-Apr-13 15:05:18

Forgot to add they do petite lengths in these too. Check out the clearance section as you can often pick them up half price.

One thing I would say is the black pairs have less stretch to them and are a dust and fluff magnet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now