Talk

Advanced search

Is this dress suitable for a wedding?

(11 Posts)
TrampyPants Mon 15-Apr-13 11:39:28

here I don't know if it's too light.

I also like this and this

I am 5'1" size 6 with pale skin and reddish hair. The wedding isn't til the winter, but I want to get something ordered, it's one of my best friends'.

Northernexile Mon 15-Apr-13 11:42:52

I like the first dress a lot, and think it would be fine, but if its a winter wedding I think darker, jewel type colours are nicer, something to do with the light? I think the colour could end up looking a bit washed out. I like the red dress you linked too, although I'm not a massive fan of shiny fabrics.

malteserzz Mon 15-Apr-13 11:45:04

They're all nice but personally I'd wait a while if the weddings not till the winter, you might see something you like better before then or change your mind about the sort of thing you'd like to wear

Northernexile Mon 15-Apr-13 11:46:30

Karen Millen have some nice frocks at the minute -frock

Northernexile Mon 15-Apr-13 11:49:11

You could get some decent winter- appropriate dresses in the sales now though, like this maybe coast. Green is nice with red hair, and they have it in a 6.

TrampyPants Mon 15-Apr-13 11:49:19

oooh, thats lovely! I was thinking if I get something now, I could get it in the post-winter sale. And I won't get the last minute dash. my budget is fairly low, £75 max. I look dreadful in prom style dresses, far better in pencil shapes.

TrampyPants Mon 15-Apr-13 11:50:12

oh, I love that colour! Green is my go to colour for most things.

Northernexile Mon 15-Apr-13 11:52:33

Had a look in the Karen Millen sale, but there's nothing that nice. A lot of their current frocks are gorge, but a bit £££. Coast have a few nice darker blue / purple dresses in the sale too.

TrampyPants Mon 15-Apr-13 11:53:57

I love purple, purple is a good colour on me. I did think about going to Cheshire Oaks, but I quite liked the idea of something that is unlikely for anyone else to have.

Northernexile Mon 15-Apr-13 11:59:12

That is the problem with Coast too, you could have four people all rocking up in the same dress! grin

TrampyPants Mon 15-Apr-13 12:09:55

exactly! Monsoon is the same. Thats why I was looking at US stores/designers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now