Talk

Advanced search

Help, cheap replacement for 'wedding' ring <sob>

(30 Posts)
Thurlow Mon 15-Apr-13 11:37:21

So somehow I or DC have lost my 'wedding' rings sad Actually, DP and I decided not to get married but I do like wearing a ring, so DP bought me some beautiful sapphire stacking rings for my 30th a few years back, just like these (this is the only picture I can find of them, scroll halfway down to the 'Little Gems' section and they're number 3)

I'm admitting defeat now. I don't want DP to spend the money again at the moment to buy expensive rings, but I would like something quite interesting to wear for preferably about £50. I fancy something similar to my old rings, so while not ridiculously blingy, something that is quite thick and sparkly.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for places that sell interesting but cheapish rings? I've been Googling on and off for the past few days but I'm not having any luck yet, and my poor, bare fingers are starting to feel unloved without a ring...

Gobbolinothewitchscat Mon 15-Apr-13 11:40:59

Have you checked your home insurance to see if you are insured? My wedding and engagement ring are both named on our policy. Even if your ring isn't, they may be covered under insurance for losing valuables (up to a certain limit) whilst out and about

Thurlow Mon 15-Apr-13 11:50:24

I assumed because they weren't specifically covered then they wouldn't be? We don't have a receipt for them, which is incredibly stupid I know. I'll check though, thanks.

Lurleene Mon 15-Apr-13 11:50:30

How about here?

www.johngreedjewellery.com/en/uk/styles/outlet-/icat/springcleanall/?f=mh&sort=sequence_springcleanall&sort=name&order=asc&order=asc&categories=springcleanall&perpage=60&q=*&type=ring

nextphase Mon 15-Apr-13 12:07:05

Those are lovely! You must be gutted.

I've had a look and found blue eternity ring and single stone baguette cuts

Hope you find something you love

olgaga Mon 15-Apr-13 12:16:25

What's your ring size?

Throughgrittedteeth Mon 15-Apr-13 12:31:53

Pia I have several rings that I love but I could be biased as I do work there grin
Genuinely love most if the jewellery though.

Throughgrittedteeth Mon 15-Apr-13 12:32:46

Sorry about your rings though sad I take it you've had a blummin good look everywhere possible?

Thurlow Mon 15-Apr-13 12:36:40

I was beyond gutted... it happened weeks ago, I think I am only now finally admitted they're really gone!

Just had a quick measure and I think I'm an M.

Thanks for the suggestions so far, some of them are lovely. The more suggestions the better though as I don't want to knee-jerk buy something, I'm hoping to find something that, while cheap, I do really like until DP thinks to buy me a new one grin

These Pia ones (thanks gritted) are kind of what I had in mind, though maybe with a wee bit more sparkle - here and here

Thurlow Mon 15-Apr-13 12:39:19

Oh, we looked everywhere! They were lost in the bathroom (my fault for taking them off when bathing DD, even though I didn't need to) so they're either so far behind the fitted toilet fixture no one will ever find them until a whole new bathroom is put in, or they've been flushed down the loo. Or the 15mo has eaten them and they really, really don't want to make a reappearance!

dashoflime Mon 15-Apr-13 12:40:29

If your in London then Hatton Gardens is cheapest for jewellry.

Throughgrittedteeth Mon 15-Apr-13 12:42:46

Ah no problem, losing anything precious to you is awful!
I love the jasper one, but I have short fingers and it doesn't really suit me.
If you're anywhere near cambridge you can always pop in and I help wink

There's another shop near us called Palenque that does beautiful jewellery, which is similar to the stuff we do. I'm on my phone so I can't have a good look unfortunately.

olgaga Mon 15-Apr-13 14:53:16

What about something like this or this until you find the perfect one?

Or this.

I've bought some fantastic jewellery off ebay!

olgaga Mon 15-Apr-13 14:54:00

(I'm supposed to be having a clear-out but would much rather look at jewellery).

Thurlow Mon 15-Apr-13 15:04:11

Oooh, olgaga, that last one is kind of what I'm looking for!

TeWiSavesTheDay Mon 15-Apr-13 15:11:38

Sympathy, I lost mine last month, no money to replace (they weren't worth much anyway, so can't claim on insurance either) am gutted.

Thurlow Mon 15-Apr-13 15:15:01

TeWi, I hadn't thought to look on eBay until Olgaga mentioned it, but seriously, the 'fake' bling you can get on there for a tenner! I'm sorry you lost yours though. I just hated having to explain to people who noticed they were missing.

TeWiSavesTheDay Mon 15-Apr-13 15:17:50

Someone asked if we were having relationship problems! I was shock!

I might have a wee look on eBay.

olgaga Mon 15-Apr-13 15:46:51

Oh great!

Also found this, this and this! Similar.

Thurlow Mon 15-Apr-13 16:02:08

You are bored! Tidy, woman wink

The third one is great as well. Hmm. Have saved a few, those and some from Pia, I'll flick between them and see if any come out as favourites

Thurlow Mon 15-Apr-13 16:25:35

Getting seriously tempted by this

I had a few more goes at measuring again and I might actually be an L, and I can't find that lovely ring, olgaga, in an L sad

Does that ring look ok, or is it a bit too 'blingy'?

I suspect this one might be a bit OTT...

StoicButStressed Mon 15-Apr-13 17:18:31

Wishing you luck in replacingsmile

Yukky when lose stuff that really matters to you so hope can be sorted soonthanks

olgaga Mon 15-Apr-13 17:46:30

Oh that is seriously annoying.

I think the one you like is fine! It has that "stack" look you like.

I had a look at that seller's other items (the one with the ring that doesn't come in L) - did you also see this, and this?

Alternatively, searching for "baguette size L" in fine rings I found this, this, this - or this is a bit less bling.

Now my head is spinning...

olgaga Mon 15-Apr-13 17:47:41

Oh the last link hasn't worked.

Will find it again.

olgaga Mon 15-Apr-13 17:48:51

Here's the one that's less bling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now