Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Recommendation for foundation and primer

(11 Posts)
blueberryupsidedown Mon 15-Apr-13 11:27:31

I am going shopping tomorrow for new foundation - would like something light reflecting and not too opaque for summery look. Any recommendations? I've never used a primer before... is it worth it? which one would you recommend?

Thanks!!!!

ZolaBuddleia Mon 15-Apr-13 11:29:00

I'd recommend a BB cream if your skin is decent. La Roche Posay and the Garnier one are both good.

blueberryupsidedown Mon 15-Apr-13 11:35:13

Thanks, do you wear it on its own is it like a tinted moisturiser?

doglover Mon 15-Apr-13 11:40:06

I'm searching for a great (inexpensive!) primer, too! Love Bare Minerals foundations but not so impressed by their primer.

ZolaBuddleia Mon 15-Apr-13 11:40:52

I put moisturiser underneath as my skin is dry. I've had compliments on it, and it's much cheaper than buying a foundation and primer together.

jalopy Mon 15-Apr-13 11:48:48

Barbara Daly primer from Tesco £10 is very good.

doglover Mon 15-Apr-13 11:50:30

Thanks, Jalopy, will give it a go smile

princessx Mon 15-Apr-13 11:58:15

I use Laura mercier primer and I'm happy with that. It definitely makes the foundation sit a lot better. If you have time you should go to a make up counter to get them to try some out on you. I go to space nk as they are not tied to recommending a particular brand and can objectively choose what's best for you. But even a big Boots should have make up counters where they can try things out on you.

Mrsrobertduvall Mon 15-Apr-13 11:59:25

I like Laura Mercier priner too. I have started using the YSL foundation which is ok...doesn't set me alight.

anchovies Mon 15-Apr-13 12:03:12

Very pricey but I would recommend Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk. Lasts well but still has a soft, dewy finish to it. I use Mac prep and prime underneath.

NotTreadingGrapes Mon 15-Apr-13 12:06:00

The Barbara Daly primer I believe had Mumsnet klaxon status in manner of Delia and the cranberries. Tescos the land over were out of stock.

My favourite primer is Clarins Instant Smooth.(magic putty as I call it)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: