Talk

Advanced search

Spring jackets/coats for the lanky?

(8 Posts)
upjacobscreekwithoutapaddle Mon 15-Apr-13 10:11:39

I'm 6ft and looking for a lightweight spring jacket pr gilet that I like. I've looked at lts (overpriced for what they are I think), Topshop tall, dotty p tall, next tall etc etc. Nothing is appealing. I'm normally a fairly casual dresser, skinnies, long t's etc and want something neutral if poss that goes with everything. Happy to look on high street if anything is coming up randomly long but in my experience very little does. Please help o'wise ones.

AnythingNotEverything Mon 15-Apr-13 10:42:53

I'm only 5"10 but often find stuff in normal ranges that fit ok - often if I go for a cropped sleeve!

It can be a nightmare getting a long coat to fit yor waist in the rigt place though.

I've had a couple of trench/mac type coats from Zara in the last few years with decent sleeve lengths and waist positioning.

foxysocks Mon 15-Apr-13 10:45:58

I am only 5'9 but have a couple of cropped jackets that work well. a leather biker (all saints from their sales) and a grey jersey biker (from the outnet).

they both have v long sleeves, the grey one esp, I guess because lots of designery stuff is cut for tall woman. so the outnet might be worth a look?

upjacobscreekwithoutapaddle Mon 15-Apr-13 10:52:35

foxysocks...is it the T by Alexander Wang one?

FrogGreen Mon 15-Apr-13 11:45:15

OP if you find anything good please post here! I'm also 6' and trying to find a jacket. I had a Musto jacket which I used to quite like but have just put it on again and realised the waist is up near my armpits. Doesn't help that DS2 is just 5 weeks old, so no time to shop and nothing looks good with a post-partum bump.

foxysocks Mon 15-Apr-13 11:47:34

no mine is rag and bone. T by A Wang is lovely though! worth a try on?

Mrsrobertduvall Mon 15-Apr-13 12:01:45

I got a lovely one from Banana Republic last year...sleeves are really long and I am like a gorilla. grin
I find Esprit coats and jackets good sleeve length too.

upjacobscreekwithoutapaddle Mon 15-Apr-13 12:36:41

Ooooh thank you all. I shall get looking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now