Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Anyone looked at John Lewis' new 'Kin' range?

(12 Posts)
Chewbecca Sun 14-Apr-13 22:57:57

Noticed this new range and thought, aha, just what I wanted. The strap line for the range was actually what everyone on the M&S thread is asking for.

But reviews of the items starting to drip in now and they are all poor, mainly on quality. And look at the hemline on this dress, looks terrible.
dress.

What a shame.

LadyMountbatten Sun 14-Apr-13 22:59:27

its very average in store

igglewoo Sun 14-Apr-13 23:08:58

I haven't bought anything yet but being a fan of John Lewis I'm quite shocked to hear that the quality is poor. I like the look of the Women's range but the Kids stuff looks a little too grown up / dowdy colours, but that's just my personal feeling.

scarlet76 Mon 15-Apr-13 12:56:37

I quite liked the look of some bits for DD age 8 - admittedly not enough to buy yet! Also surprised to hear quality issues. Have had odd bits from the weekend range and always been good.

miaowmix Wed 24-Apr-13 21:38:48

Lovely for children, but sizing pretty weird; tall skinny dd (6) wears age 9 dress - it's above her knee. that can't be right?

AvrilPoisson Wed 24-Apr-13 22:11:32

greygardens- I've always found JL children's clothes on the small side, particularly lengthwise (though my eldest is very tall for her age tbf).

miaowmix Wed 24-Apr-13 22:19:32

Fair does Avril, it's just that she's tall just not freakishly age 9 tall! But genderally a year or two older I guess.

miaowmix Wed 24-Apr-13 22:19:48

Generally!

AvrilPoisson Wed 24-Apr-13 23:18:40

No- I was agreeing with you! My DS is on the small side of average, and JL clothes are always too small in his chronological age too. But the dresses/skirts thing applies across many retailers if your DD is tall- all of them are too short IMO, thankfully many of them do have adjustable waists, so I buy big, and take them in loads.

miaowmix Wed 24-Apr-13 23:29:24

Soz Avril, I know what you mean and wasn't meaning to be arsey...we are in agreement! Odd sizing!

AvrilPoisson Wed 24-Apr-13 23:47:33

grin No arseyness was perceived here!

miaowmix Wed 24-Apr-13 23:52:42

[Smile]

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: