Talk

Advanced search

Are linen trousers acceptable summer wear?

(6 Posts)
INeedThatForkOff Sun 14-Apr-13 21:59:48

One of these days it is likely to warm up hmm and I am still in the awkward position of having 2st of cake baby weight to shift. I'm currently wearing skinny jeans with a variety of tops and cardies, but think a looser fit would draw less attention to my hips, thighs and belly.

Are linen trews a style crime?

INeedThatForkOff Sun 14-Apr-13 22:00:50

I accept that 'trews' is a crime against the fasionable lexicon.

Pendipidy Sun 14-Apr-13 22:03:51

I hope not cos i wear them every summer!

Smugsmuggler Sun 14-Apr-13 22:09:36

On SandB, yes they are.

In RL, they may be the least worst option. I favour them as the most cool and airy leg cover-ups until get my varicose veins done. And they can be styled in a variety of inoffensive ways.. I aim for the jaunt- hepburn-monochrome-rolled-linen-trouser-and-breton-stripe look. Yawn but classic.

Wear what you like, but white linen trousers and visible knickers over pink arse crackage is always unacceptable.

Cybbo Sun 14-Apr-13 22:18:05

Hmm. the thing with linn trews is they start off at 9am crisp and well fitting. Then by 10.15 they resemble a ill fitting elephant skin

Couldn't you wear a dress?

OneLittleLady Sun 14-Apr-13 22:26:33

I don't see anything wrong with them, except when people wear white ones with black or brightly coloured underwear under them that is clearly visible. I don't wear them because I find linen itchy for some reason so I stick to skirts and dresses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now