Talk

Advanced search

horrible hair

(8 Posts)
Kafri Sun 14-Apr-13 21:52:12

right im relying on you MNers to solve my years long problem with my hair.

It gets stupidly greasy. It is quutr long as I have to be able to tie it back as I cannot leace it down for the day as it just gets really greasy really quickly.
im not talking a little wet looking, I mean full on greasy. it goes all string like wherr bits clump together. absolutely awful.

it has always been like this and I truly hate it. ive seen some lovely bob styles that id live but daren't try. even having it shorter than a bob is out of the question as it would just lie flat as it greases up through the day.

if I wash and dry it of a morning ti leave down, I would have to tie it back by lunchtime as it looks straggly.

any suggestions? I'll be honest, im not expecting miracles as I've asked every hair dresser I've ever seen and had no joy.

BreasticlesNTesticles Sun 14-Apr-13 21:56:38

Do you use a conditioner? I have to be careful to only use at the very ends of my thin crap hair else it looks shocking.

Having it cut short may make it look thicker - do you wash it every day with a greasy hair shampoo? And don't touch pantene!

Gorjuss Sun 14-Apr-13 21:56:43

Have you ever used dry shampoo? This works really well on greasy hair. If your hair isn't too dark a sprinkle of talc works just as good x

Kafri Sun 14-Apr-13 22:09:13

I avoid conditioner like the plague as it looks like I've just poured
a vat of veg oil over me.
I have to change shampoo regularly as my hair seems to get used to them.
ive tried the dry shampoos, they make it look better but still not nice enough to leave down.

I have been told by hairdressers that dying it can reduce grease so have tried that - everything feom hairdressers colouring it through to the home kits - both cheapos and top end ones. absolutely no difference whatsoever apart from to my bank balance grin

ive even tried the old wives tales of vinegar or beer etc... honestly, over tje years there can't be much I've not tried.
when its newly washed and dried it cam look lovely (im not big headed or anything bit it does look nice when forst done) but within an hour its looking awful again.

soooo fed up with it. sad

BreasticlesNTesticles Sun 14-Apr-13 22:12:58

Why you say dyed do you mean bleach? That can dry your hair out a treat grin and will add some texture as well?

Kafri Sun 14-Apr-13 22:15:56

never bleached it to be fair. my hair is mid brown and not sure id suit beong blonde...

ToothGah Sun 14-Apr-13 22:38:54

How about a lighter brown? Color XXL will dry the shizzle out of it smile

Chewbecca Sun 14-Apr-13 23:04:41

What shampoo do you use?
head and shoulders lemon shampoo was recommended on here once and I've bought it ever since for DS who has a tendency towards the grease.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now