Talk

Advanced search

Swimwear for 12 year old DD

(13 Posts)
Bunbaker Sun 14-Apr-13 21:25:29

We are going on holiday at the end of next month and I am struggling to find a swimsuit that DD likes. They are either too little girly, pink and frilly or serious olympic swimmer style.

I have looked online at Debenhams, H & M, M & S, BHS, New Look, Asda, Tesco, Next and Matalan with no luck.

Can anyone suggest anywhere else please?

jalopy Sun 14-Apr-13 22:26:23

Landsend?

Moredofbumsnet Mon 15-Apr-13 10:54:14

Def look at lands end. The quality is good. Dc2 has a lovely tankini which is navy with a little bow design,dc3 has a pink stripey racer back. They come up small compared to other lands end stuff.

MrsCampbellBlack Mon 15-Apr-13 10:55:23

boden

pocketandsweet Mon 15-Apr-13 11:21:33

Definitely Lands End... I bought the girls suits from Boden and Lands End last year and after 6 weeks of daily swimming the LE ones still looked great and the Boden ones had faded a lot. They had all been used equally and cared for the same but the LE ones looked a lot better. Ours had adjustable shoulder straps too so will get another season out of them.

Bunbaker Mon 15-Apr-13 12:35:59

Thanks for your replies. We don't have a pool or live anywhere hot so a swimsuit probably won't get used that much, but I will show your ideas to DD and see what she says.

VivaLeBeaver Mon 15-Apr-13 12:42:08

Fat face?

Bunbaker Mon 15-Apr-13 12:45:42

Never thought of Fat Face either. Thanks.

BanoffeeSplitz Mon 15-Apr-13 14:20:59

A couple of summers ago I got a decent sporty tankini for DD (full coverage, no midriff exposure) from Peacocks.

I think it was their smallest adult size (6-8 or 8-10) but it fitted her fine & was cheap.

BanoffeeSplitz Mon 15-Apr-13 14:22:57

PS she was age 12, & doesn't swim a lot - so cheapness was more relevant than whether it was going to last for weeks of daily swimming wink, but it did last quite well considering.

DazR Mon 15-Apr-13 14:33:28

My daughter was a competitive swimmer but I can assure you that swimsuits used for training were very girlie and long lasting too! Have you tried online swim shops such as swim shop.co.uk or Allens of Kingsbury to name a couple.

MarianForrester Tue 16-Apr-13 18:23:27

Sports direct sometimes has nice bits, if you're lucky with sizes, and very cheap.

Tk maxx also usually has some in store, and sometimes BHS has nice ones too.

MarianForrester Tue 16-Apr-13 18:44:07

Have just looked at bhs - some pretty swim stuff there. Maybe bit more acceptable to 12 year old?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now