Talk

Advanced search

Starting to venture out after dark again (well, a bit!) - what to wear?

(9 Posts)
lastnightidreamt Sun 14-Apr-13 20:25:08

I feel like I'm starting to get a bit of life back after having the DCs, and am actually going out at night!

I always feel so out of touch though - either over-dressed or just un-cool.

Can anyone recommend me a few tops etc to wear out please?

Mid 30s, 5'10'', size 12-14.

Thanks very much!

Marylou2 Sun 14-Apr-13 20:30:54

Sounds like me too. Watching with interest for the advice of all the stylish ladies! x

OneLittleLady Sun 14-Apr-13 20:36:13

Skinny jeans/cigarette pants and a cowl neck top/shell top/silk blouse/silk vest with a blazer or biker jacket on top?

Tea dress/jersey wrap dress,opaques and ballet flats/brouges for more casual nights?

Marylou2 Sun 14-Apr-13 20:40:12

That sounds great! What type of bag would you take with the skinny jeans/biker jacket? I fancy a zippy clutch? Are they still OK?

lastnightidreamt Sun 14-Apr-13 20:42:40

Sounds lovely. Probably can't stretch to leather biker jacket - are the fabric ones ok?

Good question about the bags Marylou!

OneLittleLady Sun 14-Apr-13 20:46:14

I think fabric biker jackets are fine. I think most of what matters is that it fits right. Clutches are fine, I think they are probably better with a biker jacket than a shoulder bag as the jacket would be the bigger focus and a shoulder bag would probably distract from that. There are far, far more stylish ladies than me on here though so don't take my word for everything!

PirateShit Sun 14-Apr-13 20:49:06

I like wearing skinnies, heels/ ankle boots, silk top or vest and then a nice jacket or blazer. Or a dress with opaques, heels and a little cardy or socket over. Full face of slap, nice jewellery, off you go and have fun!!!

noviceoftheday Sun 14-Apr-13 21:19:31

Dh and I started doing this back in September and it felt like I had nothing to wear. I bought a few cowl neck tops and its madrasah difference. I started my buys so hope this link gives you some ideas. I have dark and grey trousers plus jeans for a slightly less dressy look. Have fun!

QueenCadbury Sun 14-Apr-13 21:25:12

I tend to wear jeans (either straight leg or flared) or cropped trousers and I have a couple of blouses similar to this from mango.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now