Talk

Advanced search

Denim skirts

(2 Posts)
spottymoo Sun 14-Apr-13 15:52:05

I have a lovely denim skirt I'd like to wear this spring / summer in winter I wear it with thick tights knee highs and chunky jumper.
Needs recommendations what to wear with it for spring / summer it comes just above my knee and has a very flight flare to it so its not skin tight

ToastedTeacakes Sun 14-Apr-13 16:25:16

Love the sound of this, I have one in a fitted-ish Aline in indigo, comes just above knee.
I wear it with slim fit check shirts tucked in, or loose. A white linen tee, or nice slim fit merino grey jumper with scoop neck. Would also work well with Breton tees, cami and a cropped cardi.

They do work with tights, so if I wear it in winter (which isn't often) I would wear the tights with boots or a solid low heel court shoe. For summer I'd wear legs bare and could team it with converse low tops, any type of casual flat, wedge sandals (tan!) or suede ankle boots.

As for coats/jackets, I most often wear my denim skirt with a shortish waxed cotton jacket in navy, which is slightly nipped in at waist. Also works well with blazers and lightweight parka. Lately I want to wear it with my black velvet blazer with white silk cami underneath, but weather not yet permitting.

Depends also on colour/shade of denim - indigo seems dressier than faded, pale denim. I do have a shorter straight cut pale skirt in a vintage shade from Joules and it works best done casual with loose button up shirts and flats.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now