Talk

Advanced search

Babyliss Perfect Curl - anyone got it yet?

(16 Posts)
freddiefrog Sun 14-Apr-13 12:40:35

I want I want I want

But at £170, unless it's the holy grail of fine flat hair solutions, it ain't happening

Anyone got one? Is it as good as it looks? The reviews seem good, but I just wondered if anyone in here had tried it

I have some vouchers which I could put towards it to bring it down to a less eye watering price, but I need to be convinced to part with that amount of money

SparkyDudess Sun 14-Apr-13 12:44:07

My hairdresser has them, and he showed me how it works last weekend - its the business, very impressed.

Babyliss are releasing a cheaper version around November so it might be worth waiting.

MikeLitoris Sun 14-Apr-13 12:46:33

There is another thread on it somewhere. Its getting pretty decent reviews so far.

I think its around £140 elsewhere so definitely dont buy without shopping around.

I need to have a trial of it before spending that amount. I need to know how long the curls actually last.

propertyNIGHTmareBEFOREXMAS Sun 14-Apr-13 12:51:53

I think it looks ace BUT I am not sure the curls produced are as 'big' as with the babyliss curling wand. Due to this I dirty they might drop out faster. Plus you can curl from the foot do hair might be left flat and fine looking despite bring wavy down the lengths. I am trying to tell myself not to spend that much money on what might not be perfect for my hair..... I still bloody well want it though!

propertyNIGHTmareBEFOREXMAS Sun 14-Apr-13 12:52:36

Meant to say 'plus you can't curl from the root'

BOF Sun 14-Apr-13 12:57:22

I've just seen the product demonstration, and it looks rather gimicky to me; what does it do that a good pair of curling tongs don't?

propertyNIGHTmareBEFOREXMAS Sun 14-Apr-13 13:29:06

I think it probably does a worse job than a curling wand, BOF. The curls will be flatter, not from be root and overall look will b less bouncy. BUT, it looks easy to use and I am so fucking lazy. I hate getting arm fatigue from holding curling wand aloft and twiddling it round. This pro curl could be a god send to those who want want curls regularly but who end up putting their fair in a bunch cos they are too idle to put effort in (me in other words!). Havn't you got fabulously curly hair naturally though?

BOF Sun 14-Apr-13 13:33:48

Oh, it's the bane of my life on a bad day, yes! I think you'd definitely need to trial it first, because I bet you'd still get arm-ache holding that for four beeps each curl. I just can't believe how expensive it is!

freddiefrog Sun 14-Apr-13 13:39:54

Property - that's me. I get arm ache blow just drying my hair!

I've got a curling wand, but the curls drop out quite quickly. Tbh, I'm not even that fussed about curls, I just want some va-va-voom with minimal effort

I've even considered a perm blush

I might have a ring round of the local hairdressers and see if any of them have one and get my hair done to see how long it lasts and if it looks better than my current efforts

freddiefrog Sun 14-Apr-13 13:40:22

Oh, and thanks!!!

propertyNIGHTmareBEFOREXMAS Sun 14-Apr-13 13:56:27

Bof, I would kill for a head of natural curls! You have a point though, it will take a long time to get round the whole head (as it only takes tiny sections at a time) and so arm ache is most likely inevitable. I agree it is very expensive, I need to see a lot more evidence of it being utterly fantastic before I would consider one.

Freddie, I would consider a perm too if it wasn't 1980s looking.

leo22 Tue 16-Apr-13 12:37:06

Hi
I would just like to add that i purchased this Babyliss curler about a week ago and it it just fantastic wonderful curls that lasts for days on my mid length hair it is so so easy to do i found mine at a reasonable price of £176-00 from amazinghair.co.uk with free delivery received them the next day xxx i just love my new curls xxx
and you can have different curl settings and heat settings

shopalot Tue 16-Apr-13 17:02:30

I bought mine on QVCUK for £98 with the p&p it was a tsv. It's not on their website today but keep checking as it definitely wasn't £170 full price. (By the way it is super fab)

notapizzaeater Tue 16-Apr-13 17:06:31

I've added it to my Santa list ......

Dillydollydaydream Tue 16-Apr-13 17:11:28

Ooh just seen a YouTube video very nifty!

freddiefrog Tue 16-Apr-13 17:19:48

Thanks!

I've still got my eye on it

I've got £80 of Argos vouchers and I had assumed I could get it from there as I got the Big Hair from them, but from looking on Argos online they're not stocking it.

Will have a hunt around

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now