Talk

Advanced search

Giant pores - recommendations?!

(24 Posts)
extracrunchy Sun 14-Apr-13 10:36:50

I'm getting an increasing amount of huge open pores on my face... Can anyone recommend a really good product to help? Preferably one that goes a little way to solving the problem, rather than covering up or filling the holes!

YoniOno Sun 14-Apr-13 11:45:35

Something with salicylic acid. Try Nutrogena Pink Grapefruit exfoliating scrub, and Bravura London's acid peel products. Clay masks also good, Mudd branded or Superdrug do own brand ones.

Cybbo Sun 14-Apr-13 14:02:20

I've got pores you can park a car in and keeping skin super clean by double cleansing makes a bit if a difference. But not much

Avon skin perfector disguises thm ompletely however and keeps skin matt

MintyyAeroEgg Sun 14-Apr-13 14:10:15

Oooh I'm glad you posted here Cybb. I knew you were a pore expert and I started a thread recently looking for you for your latest recommendations. So, how can I get Avon products if I don't have an avon lady?

Ogooglebar Sun 14-Apr-13 14:16:56

Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant and Elemis Papaya Enzyme Cream both make a big difference to my pores - they look much smaller and cleaner afterwards. I wouldn't say they're a permanent solution though, I have to use them twice a week or my pores just clog up again.

Iseeall Sun 14-Apr-13 14:21:59

Minty I think you can order avon online now, like regular online shopping. hth

Cybbo Tue 16-Apr-13 07:46:03

Yes you can get avon online, on amazon and on ebay

The face perfector works miracles on mine, even though I know they're still there when I take it orf

Crutchlow35 Tue 16-Apr-13 08:32:32

Could someone post a link to the Avon stuff. I can't find it. Thanks.

HoneyDragon Tue 16-Apr-13 11:43:16

I use a microfibre cloth and Lacura serum and they are literally disappearing before my eyes and not coming back. This has been the first thing that has ever worked for me.

valiumredhead Tue 16-Apr-13 12:02:03

You need Lanacane anti chaff gel - marvellous stuff and cheap as chips and word on the street says it's the same as Smashbox primer.

Wrt your pores, I doubt they are getting bigger but I expect you are focusing on them more as the beauty industry will have us believe that everyone should have skin like an air brushed model. 10 years ago no one was even aware pores could be a problem wink

RugbyWidow7 Tue 16-Apr-13 14:36:35

valium I'm intrigued to know how the Lanacane anti chaff gel helps as I've just read about it and it is (as the name suggests) to prevent chaffing! I have huge pores too and would love to find a miracle product, though am starting to resign myself to the fact that they'll always be there. Having said that, I have just ordered a clarisonic, which I'm hoping will be my miracle product! confused Though it did break the bank!

valiumredhead Tue 16-Apr-13 15:49:35

I have tried loads of primers and it's the best!! And only £6 for a tube! Look up the reviews they are amazing! My make up stays from dawn to dusk ( well, nearly) now!

Crutchlow35 Tue 16-Apr-13 18:13:00

Where do I buy Valium?

HoneyDragon Tue 16-Apr-13 18:42:07

Heh heh ^

grin

Ogooglebar Tue 16-Apr-13 18:53:27

I can just imagine a Daily Mail journalist taking that quote out of context and using it against us grin

Crutchlow35 Tue 16-Apr-13 18:56:09

Arse.

HoneyDragon Tue 16-Apr-13 18:57:01

grin grin

AttentionToDetail Tue 16-Apr-13 19:00:24

I have had a clarisonic for 1 week - so far so good - skin feels clean and looks better. Off to google lanacane though...

squoosh Tue 16-Apr-13 20:01:27

Get your mitts on Queen Helene Mint Julep masque, it's a proper pore shrinker.

www.amazon.co.uk/QUEEN-HELENE-Original-MASQUE-226-8G/dp/B005J4P2TG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1366138667&sr=8-2&keywords=mint+julep+masque

valiumredhead Tue 16-Apr-13 22:18:20

Any chemist will sell Lanacane, I got mine from Boots. Use sparingly or it will 'peel' - you only need a pea sized amount.

ToothGah Tue 16-Apr-13 22:41:41

Look out for Lanacane in Poundland - I got two tubes in there six months or so ago. None in at the moment but worth checking.

It's good, I wouldn't say amazing, but better than Benefit Porefessional which I've gone back to this week to give it a second chance and it does nothing for me.

I would link to another primer that is good for pores but I've fallen out with the brand, so won't blush

ToothGah Tue 16-Apr-13 22:52:11

Sorry, I'd feel mean not to share - it's MUA matte perfect primer.

Fanjounchained Wed 17-Apr-13 07:53:59

I've heard very good things about Bioderma Pore Refiner...

lauraloubeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/bioderma-pore-refiner.htm

ohmeohmyforgotlogin Wed 17-Apr-13 07:59:38

According to interest fresh orange juice plus bicarbonate of soda in a paste used as face mask. Cheap alternative but don't know if it works.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now