Talk

Advanced search

Best - and cheapest - alternatives to ghd?

(5 Posts)
Neiffer Sun 14-Apr-13 09:08:30

I'm after some advice on hair straighteners. I used to have a cheap pair from boots which never did the job very well. They'd get stuck in my hair! I don't know if ok just rubbish at straightening hair too. Either way, I love the way my hair looks after being straightened at hairdressers by ghd straighteners so thinking a big more money than 10 pounds (like last ones) is probably worth it. I cannot afford ghds but am guessing there must be a much cheaper but as good alternative?! Or do I just need to save up?

HoneyDragon Sun 14-Apr-13 09:15:00

What is your budget? I'd personally get second hand GHDs or wait till they were on offer. They are excellent.

Neiffer Sun 14-Apr-13 09:25:21

I was thinking around 50...I did wonder about second hand but worried I could waste the money on a pair that may break quickly! Do they ever go on offer? I've kept my eye out but never seen any discounted.

HoneyDragon Sun 14-Apr-13 09:34:32

Yes. I've seen them with codes and offers for £60 / £65.

If you by used you can ask for the serial number and check it on the GHDs website to check they are genuine.

If GHDs do break out of warranty than there are lots of place that offer service and repairs. Usually for £15-£20. smile

Neiffer Sun 14-Apr-13 10:41:30

Ooh thanks for letting me know that, any websites spring to mind?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now