Talk

Advanced search

Fitflops - is there any truth in their claim to tone the leg muscles?

(11 Posts)
Gingerandhibiscus Sat 13-Apr-13 23:34:21

I saw a pair of yellow fitflop trainers in a magazine today and I thought they're quite nice, (honestly, better than they sound, funky, retro yellow). Anyway, I'm not overweight so I'm not asking out of some lazy desire for a quick fix, I'm just wondering if I'm being too cynical assuming it's all hokey.

Does anybody seriously believe that those fitflops tone their muscles any more than any other trainer or boot or flip flop?

LaurieFairyCake Sat 13-Apr-13 23:38:09

I have a curved spine and a shockingly painful back - I wear the sandals and boots all year round. Have had no pain for last 3 years.

They don't 'tone' in my opinion but I have no cellulite even though I'm very overweight and they seem to help with drainage as I never get puffy ankles or calves at all.

Gingerandhibiscus Sat 13-Apr-13 23:40:29

That's interesting. So would you say they're good for posture? That's a claim I could understand more.

LaurieFairyCake Sat 13-Apr-13 23:42:36

Yes, definitely. My friend has planter fasciitis and she says they're amazing too for that.

sallysparrow157 Sat 13-Apr-13 23:51:49

I wear the reebok version, slender tone I think they're called, to work, am on my third pair now, work 12 hour shifts and can be on my feet all that time. For the first week I wore them I sort of felt it in my bum and calves but I wear them because they are incredibly comfortable and have good arch support (prone to plantar fasciitis and over-pronation at my ankles)

Devora Sat 13-Apr-13 23:56:42

I agree with Laurie. I have arthritis in my back, hips and knees, and Fitflops are by far the comfiest footwear. Not elegant, but really help to reduce the pain.

Do they make a noticeable difference to the size of your arse? Maybe if you walked 360 miles a day...

BanoffeeSplitz Sun 14-Apr-13 07:59:17

Agree - brilliant for plantar fasciitis, so I try & wear them if I'm walking all day.

Toning? No, I don't think so, otherwise I'd expect to feel it in my muscels after those days.

swooosh Sun 14-Apr-13 10:15:01

I wear MBT trainers to work (medical) I've had the same pair since they originally came out around 6 years ago! They are still going strong - just shove them in the washing machine now and again.

My legs are very muscly, my calves and thighs. I do minimal exercise blush they are good for my plantar fasciitis..I notice it when I have a week off work, iyswim.

HarrySnotter Sun 14-Apr-13 10:35:32

I also have plantar fascilitis so this is interesting to read. It's really getting me down now sad.

Gingerandhibiscus Sun 14-Apr-13 10:37:52

I've a huge ass for the size of me. all fat stored is on my arse. none on chest. So maybe I should give them a whirl. I really like those yellow ones I saw them in a magazine yesterday and they would be lovely with dark jeans. I looked on the fitflop website and they're not on it though! I looked at the reeobok site too, their version called easytone I think.

Gingerandhibiscus Sun 14-Apr-13 10:38:26

i must google plantar fascilitis

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now