Talk

Advanced search

Best places to look for a dress to wear for a wedding

(11 Posts)
TiredMule Sat 13-Apr-13 17:44:20

I need to find a lovely dress to wear to a friends wedding in June but I really don't know where to look (or really what to look for!)
Please can you lovely stylish MN ers point me in the right direction?

TiredMule Sat 13-Apr-13 17:46:30

Forgot to say I'm 30, size 12 (10 on a good day!) 5'8" and pear shaped.

Elfontheedge Sat 13-Apr-13 17:58:45

I found a department store like John Lewis was a good place to go as they have lots of good brands all in one place. I also took someone to help me pick things out. Someone who won't play too safe and will pick things you might not. Phase 8 has some lovely dresses at the minute.

Hoolit Sat 13-Apr-13 18:01:17

I found very had some lovely stuff but I then googled the dresses I liked as often they are cheaper elsewhere.

Blondie1984 Sat 13-Apr-13 22:41:52

I love Karen Millen and Coast for wedding outfits

TiredMule Sun 14-Apr-13 09:16:17

Right-off to google! I don't have even the slightest clue what kind of thing I want-normally I'd have some vague idea, but no, not this time confused

Hoolit Sun 14-Apr-13 19:43:02

Hope you find something, I had this issue last year 2 weddings and I am a hopeless shopper.
Try things you wouldn't normally as you can be surprised, in fact online shop and send back what you dont want least then you can try with accessories

ChocolateCremeEggBag Sun 14-Apr-13 19:48:26

Hire a dress? - girl meets dress or Wish want wear
Then you can get something more ££ but don't have to think about wearing again

INeedThatForkOff Sun 14-Apr-13 19:52:27

Depends how special the wedding is. I love (Tonia) Bastyan.

TiredMule Mon 15-Apr-13 13:43:38

It's DH's friends wedding and he is an usher. Really don't have a massive budget maybe £100 but would pay a bit more for something that I could wear for other events (though prob wouldn't be another wedding for a while as most of our friends will be there)
Struggling to work out what type of dress really. May try and brave the shops at the weekend and try on a few, but I do prefer online as then I don't have to venture to the shops!!!

HeirToTheIronThrone Mon 15-Apr-13 14:00:10

My mum bought two gorgeous wedding outfits in Coast this weekend if that helps?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now