Talk

Advanced search

Joe Browns

(11 Posts)
WeAreSix Sat 13-Apr-13 17:41:30

Has anyone shopped at Joe Browns? I like the look of several things like this jacket and these jeans

But, as its mail order only, I wondered if anyone knew what the quality and fit is like?

ellesabe Sat 13-Apr-13 19:46:15

I ordered a jacket last week. Good quality but I sent it back because too small stupid big boobs
I noticed on the Debenhams website that they stock Joe Browns so Zim going to have a gander in-store this week as there were loads of other things I liked the look of but think I would need to try on.

ellesabe Sat 13-Apr-13 19:46:42

* I'm

BobStrangeNameforaGirl Sat 13-Apr-13 19:49:54

I've had a few things from them, mainly cardies and summer dresses. Nice, but I think some of the things are a bit overpriced. Size wise I find them erring on the generous.

BobStrangeNameforaGirl Sat 13-Apr-13 19:50:44

Oh, and I LOVE that jacket smile

OneLittleLady Sat 13-Apr-13 19:51:55

Quality of everything I have bought from them is good. I've had a number of dresses for a few years and they still look good as new, actually cotton as opposed to viscose mixes. Sizing is usually on the generous size or at least it used to be. If you are larger, Simply Be stock Joe Browns in plus size ranges, not sure if they are available from Joe Browns direct in the larger sizes though.

I've had a mix, some things are great, some have had to go back. The things I have kept have tended to be those with a bit of leeway in the fitting, fitted things have been quite snug and as many of them are meant to be worn as layers thst can be a problem. Quality is reasonable for the price but I mainly only shop in the sale.

WeAreSix Sat 13-Apr-13 20:15:06

Ooh replies! Lovely! grin

I'm a petite size 8, always struggle to get well fitting clothes!

I love the jacket, think I will order it - it won't matter if its loose. And maybe the jeans. And a dress. And a shirt for DH. And....

Iseeall Sat 13-Apr-13 20:20:40

I find it is good quality but comes up small(size 18). Some unusual bits and it does wash well, also re-sells well om ebay.
Never had any problems with delivery or returns and I would recommend them as a company.

NomDePlume Sat 13-Apr-13 23:12:28

Horrible fabrics, im (admittedly limited) e.

Online ordered a few bits a cpl of yrs ago and they were not pleasant. Needless to say, they went back and I've not ordered since.

WildlingPrincess Sat 13-Apr-13 23:26:20

I've bought a few things, some were good, some fell apart pretty quickly. They're lovely clothes but not worth the price!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now