Talk

Advanced search

need really amazing recommendations for hairdresser (cut and highlights)

(9 Posts)
scripsi Sat 13-Apr-13 16:11:23

I have a big birthday coming up very soon and we have just moved (exhausting) so am not able to get back to my old one. I have been dithering and my hair is in a real mess colour-wise.

I need a recommendation for a really amazing hairdresser who listens and gives good advice on colour (my last hairdresser was very hit and miss: sometimes amazing, sometimes not great, so I was stuck being hopeful but nervous each time I went: sometimes when I had highlights there was still a good inch or two of difference in the colour at the roots).
I like to have a blunt cut, just past my shoulders.
Anyway, we are going to have a big party and also lots of photos. I really need to find a hairdresser and I can reach: Cambridge, Saffron Walden, Royston, Bishops Stortford, reasonably easily. I work in London so can also get there if they are truly amazing (and not too expensive). I am a bit desperate. An indication of the price for a full head of highlights would also be fantastic. My birthday party is next Saturday so need to get it done this week. Thanks in advance!

CareerGirl01 Sat 13-Apr-13 16:21:06

Hi there - I went to Bishops Stortford Toni and Guy in Jan for the first time having heard mixed reviews. My cut was by Dawn and she was great. Had a trim in there on Friday and Val did it. My hair is fine but lots of with a slight wave and can be difficult to get right. Would recommend: the lady next to me had highlights and hers looked good too.

CareerGirl01 Sat 13-Apr-13 16:22:00

Cut was £45 by the way. Think highlights are around £75- half head.

scripsi Sat 13-Apr-13 16:46:12

Thanks CareerGirl01 that's on the list!

Sillybillypoopoomummy Sat 13-Apr-13 18:10:07

In Cambridge Directors is good if rather pricey, but I go to Hairy Canary, which doesn't look much on the outside but Lulu is a Genius, listens and thinks what you want and has transformed me! A full head of highlights and cut/dry is about £130?

EldonAve Sat 13-Apr-13 18:20:44

I used to go to Tracy at www.archerandcosalon.co.uk/ in Royston
£43 for full head highlights
£30 for cut & finish

Blondie1984 Sat 13-Apr-13 22:39:36

Have you had a look on the Good Hair Guide website? Might help you find somewhere http://www.goodsalonguide.com/

Corygal Sat 13-Apr-13 22:54:14

Headmasters. Vogue staff go there. It's a chain so you know what you are getting, and I have never had a bad hairdo from there.

thereinmadnesslies Tue 16-Apr-13 15:53:17

Anastasia at Eden Bishops Stortford is amazing - she is a really good technical cutter so the style lasts really well and she's good at making suggestions rather than just asking what you want. I don't have highlights but a cut is £46

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now