Talk

Advanced search

Serum on a budget?

(17 Posts)
AltogetherAndrews Sat 13-Apr-13 15:49:26

Ok, so I bought a YSL eye pen thingy to try and cover dark circles. The woman behind the counter went into full on sales pitch about skin care, which is something I always keep pretty basic.
However, she gave me a 7 day trial of their eye and face serums, which I was really sceptical about.

The problem is, now that I have tried it, it has made a huge difference to my skin, particulary my eyes, and has reduced the dark circles enormously.

It's over £100 for both. There is just no way, not even as a treat, not even with 10% off, that I could ever buy this. The Touché éclat was a treat at £25.

So what else could I try, particularly as an eye serum?

BinksToEnlightenment Sat 13-Apr-13 17:02:06

I've heard loads of positive things about Olay Regenerist super serum. I've ordered some from amazon, which I'm waiting to arrive. It was £10.

BinksToEnlightenment Sat 13-Apr-13 17:03:02

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B004BDRSOS/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?ref_=pe_217191_31005151_M3_dp_1

MyFabulousBoys Sat 13-Apr-13 17:32:34

I read "semen on a budget"!shock

CeeceeBloomingdale Sat 13-Apr-13 17:44:34

Aldi Lacura range is amazing and so cheap it's practically free!

HillyandHally Sat 13-Apr-13 17:49:53

Second aldi! I used to use protect and perfect which is good but have switched to aldi and found it just the same tbh.

The shimmer face cream is lovely to

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 13-Apr-13 17:50:54

Could you buy the ysl serums off eBay? I do that as long as the seller has good feedback.

AltogetherAndrews Sat 13-Apr-13 19:22:22

thanks, will have a look at eBay!

I have tried the Aldi stuff before, but wasn't that impressed. Plus, the one here only has a very small range.

If eBay doesn't come up trumps, I'll have a go at the Olay.

Thanks!

(Filthy mind, boys grin )

Allthingspretty Sat 13-Apr-13 19:32:42

Marks and spencer jas a serum in tje pure range for six quid. Not tried it though

YoniliaHoax Sat 13-Apr-13 19:37:29

Did the YSL thing really work?
Desperate owner of dark circles with some Boots points to spend here.

AltogetherAndrews Sat 13-Apr-13 21:37:03

Yes, the serum makes a difference. Not tried the touch éclat yet. It gets mixed reviews on here.

Found the serum on eBay, still pricey, but possible!

timidviper Sat 13-Apr-13 21:37:58

Nivea Q10 make a serum which is nice

YoniliaHoax Sat 13-Apr-13 21:41:07

I don't like Touche Éclat anyway.
It gets stinky in seconds.
grin

HoneyDragon Sat 13-Apr-13 21:43:03

I use the Aldi serum and I think it's amazing. Other more expensive ones have made my skin look better. But the Ldi one is actually visibly shrinks my pores. I'm really impressed with it.

andadietcoke Sat 13-Apr-13 21:45:41

Is that the Forever serum? Always made me think of the vial from Death Becomes Her when I used it! It was brilliant at first and then I got horrible breakouts and stopped using it.

I now use a Ren serum Sali Hughes recommended a while ago. Less than £20 I think. SH did a full article on serums - might be worth trailing through the guardian website to see if you can find it?

LaurieFairyCake Sat 13-Apr-13 21:46:17

I finished an Avon Anew eye serum and that was good - about £10 I think

I'm currently using an insanely expensive one by NV Perricone - I thinks it's good but I've been using it less than a week. I will never be able to afford it again (got it on QVC)

YoniMitchel Sat 13-Apr-13 21:48:22

Another user of the Aldi serum, liked Boots perfect and protect too though its more expensive than the Aldi one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now