Talk

Advanced search

nursing dress for weddings - help!

(15 Posts)
Lilliana Sat 13-Apr-13 15:30:30

I have no style and very little beauty so really could do with your help!

We have 3 weddings to go to this year and DD will be around 5 months for the first so need a dress I can feed in. As I'm on mat leave I'm a bit skint so looking for something I can get some wear out of which is not too expensive.

I'm about 5' 6, size 12/14, bit of a tummy left from pg and chunky thighs sad

Forgetfulmog Sat 13-Apr-13 15:34:36

3 weddings! Wow!

Ok, any cross-over dress will do, or one with a v- neck to allow boobage access. Fat face have some nice maxi dresses in (I have chunky thighs myself & have bought one of these & it looks lovely on) with an empire line so it won't draw attention to your tum. They're about £45 so a bargain if you intend to wear it to 3 different weddings.

I saw a nice dress in the window of bhs - will see if I can find it online...

Forgetfulmog Sat 13-Apr-13 15:37:17

found it!

Lilliana Sat 13-Apr-13 15:57:21

Oh fat face sounds good, will have a look there. Like the style of the linked dress but not sure about the b/w stripes.

Thanks for replying

Also the weddings are different groups of friends so no-one will see me in the same dress grin

Forgetfulmog Sat 13-Apr-13 18:31:28

Hope you can find something you like. Check out places like The White Company too - in their sales you can pick up lovely dresses for £40 - I bought a pretty cross-over jersey one in their last sale

babanouche Sat 13-Apr-13 22:40:56

Had the very same problem myself and got a dress here

www.yummymummymaternity.co.uk/nursing--feeding-dresses-74-c.asp

glenthebattleostrich Sat 13-Apr-13 22:42:58

I had this one and it is very flattering.

www.izzysmum.co.uk/p/MV-SDTW/sophia-nursing-dress/?gclid=CIq5tZbOyLYCFbMQtAod8FUA-Q

EthelredOnAGoodDay Sat 13-Apr-13 22:47:23

Ooh Liliana I am in same boat as you, although have one wedding and two christenings at which I will be breast feeding. I'm similar size to you too well actually I'm fatter so would be keen to hear advice!

InkleWinkle Sat 13-Apr-13 22:50:52

Forgetfulmog
You have indeed found it! For me at least!
Wouldn't usually check out BHS but fab! And for £30!

Forgetfulmog Sun 14-Apr-13 08:06:47

It's nice isn't it! I was really surprised when I saw it in the window. I've got a wedding to go to in September so may buy it for that or May buy it for the hell of it

innermuddle Sun 14-Apr-13 10:52:17

I'm also in the same position looking for a nice, not too mumsy, nursing dress to wear to a wedding. Lovely suggestions, I'm ordering the bhs & izzys mum dress to try. Thank you!
Now trying to decide if I can dare to wear heels :-)

innermuddle Sun 14-Apr-13 11:01:28

Sad news. Bhs dress is not in stock in sizes 10, 12 or 14.

Lilliana Sun 14-Apr-13 13:08:15

Love the Izzysmum dress but not in stock sad says available Spring 13 so maybe they will be in soon. There are some other nice dresses on their site though so might try one of them.

Thank you so much for all the suggestions, I'm actually looking forward to it now that I might look ok and be able to feed smile

Forgetfulmog Sun 14-Apr-13 14:00:04

BHS - bugger!

ivehadaverybadday Sun 14-Apr-13 14:05:38

I bought a nice dress from JoJo Mamon Bebe recently. They have a few different patterns and could be jazzed up for a wedding. Was about 40quid I think. I'd link but I'm on my phone, sorry smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now