Talk

Advanced search

Kettlewell?

(12 Posts)
Gales Sat 13-Apr-13 11:56:33

I've been looking to re-stock with some decent quality basics. I'd like some vests/camis and some long and short sleeved t-shirts in interesting colours.

I've looked at Uniqulo, but they never seem to have the colours I want in the right size.

Kettlewell seem to have what I want, but are a bit more expensive than I usually pay. Is this reflected in the quality, or are you paying for the colours thing?

Mrsrobertduvall Sat 13-Apr-13 12:01:40

I have never ordered from them but I do like styles especially the slash neck tees.
They look quite long in Length too.
I'd struggle with what colour to order.

Gales Sat 13-Apr-13 14:22:16

Bump?

lowercase Sat 13-Apr-13 14:25:11

Kettlewell are nice lengths, cuts and keep shape.
However, I have found ( with the 2 items I own ) they bobble.
The tops I have are heavyweight jersey...

armagh Sat 13-Apr-13 15:55:00

I think they are pricey for what they are- plain long sleeved t hirts

propitia Sat 13-Apr-13 16:51:46

Can anyone suggest a decent alternative? Usually buy m&s or landsend but m&s quality really downhill & styling of landsend has changed to become very fitted. I am ideally looking for relaxed t shirts in bright colours which don't bobble too quickly...thank you

fossil971 Sat 13-Apr-13 17:00:43

I've only one Kettlewell top in cotton lycra but it is noticeably better quality jersey than most other T shirts - on a level with the better Boden offerings. No bobbling on it (it's not viscose though).

They are pricey but given that most cheap T shirts are in holes after a year, hopefully they will last a bit better.

I'd say definitely worth ordering a few things to have a look at.

lowercase Sat 13-Apr-13 17:48:27

I have just checked my Kettlewell labels on the back of what fossil said,
they are 95% viscose shock 5% elastane.
imagined they were cotton mix.

so OP, if you avoid the viscose, you may be onto a winner...

moonstorm Sat 13-Apr-13 18:12:26

I'm about to take the plunge and buy some. At least it's free returns. I wonder what th sizing is like. I know it's pricey, but it's the only place I've seen the right style in the right colours. I can let you know what I think if you want.

lowercase Sat 13-Apr-13 18:14:22

Im a 10-12, the Medium fit me well.

moonstorm Sat 13-Apr-13 18:16:51

Thant you, sounds the same as me. Sorry for hijack!

armagh Sun 14-Apr-13 09:14:33

Viscose goes shiny when ironed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now