Talk

Advanced search

facial moisutiser gor eczema ridden skin?

(21 Posts)
daisydoodoo Sat 13-Apr-13 09:55:54

Just that really. Broken out particularly on my eye area and my usual moisturisers burn now. At home I have nivea soft, olay 2 in 1 with serum. Okay dry skin night cream, soap and glory, benefit one in a blue pot and clinique dramatically different. All have worked well until the flare up but now sting and burn .

I have other patches on my legs and those are soithed by aveeno cream but ive never had a break out on my face before and aveeno seems too heavy for my skin.

Thanks

notJenkins Sat 13-Apr-13 09:56:44

I use aveeno on my face it is the only one that does not seem too heavy.

la roche posay cicapast (or similar name) highly recommended.

aladdinsane Sat 13-Apr-13 10:01:20

When I am at the really sore, stinging stage the only thing I can use is hopes relief cream
It is so soothing. You can get it at health food shops or on-line

MrsMaryCooper Sat 13-Apr-13 10:02:48

Another vote for Aveeno.

My friend uses Oliatum with good results.

missbopeep Sat 13-Apr-13 10:02:58

Thankfully I don't have any eczema on my face but used to have it really badly. I found Clinique good- but not the yellow one- formulas for very fry skin.

I'd suggest you looked at the Eucerin range too which is for skin problems- in Boots.

AlwaysSleepingBeauty Sat 13-Apr-13 10:21:05

I've been using La Roche Posay which seems more gentle than others. You have my sympathy though [flower]

AlwaysSleepingBeauty Sat 13-Apr-13 10:21:32

flowers

daisydoodoo Sat 13-Apr-13 10:39:39

Thank you. Like I say never had it on my face before but around my eyes especially lids quite red and sore (mistook it for dry skin and used a face scrub ouch).

I'll try the aveeno as ive got that in the house and look in town at the other recommendations. Id assumed aveeno might give me spots being so thick and greasy.

BinksToEnlightenment Sat 13-Apr-13 11:49:56

I use Dream Cream by Lush on my face even though it is hand and body. It's really good for eczema. And if anything, I think it helps clear spots up.

50shadesofbrown Sat 13-Apr-13 11:55:19

I had Roaccutane a few years ago for my very oily skin. It made my my skin so dry, both corners of my mouth cracked & I wasn't able to open it properly. The only thing that helped without stinging was Eucerin. Hope you find something that helps!

Lp21 Sat 13-Apr-13 12:11:49

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Episode Sat 13-Apr-13 12:21:21

Try a light vit e cream for the day. Body shop sell an oil which works really fast to clear the problem up if left on over night! I have severe eczema and oily skin and this is the only thing that dosent set me off! Can not do scented products at all!

daisydoodoo Sat 13-Apr-13 13:33:01

Thanks lots of recommendations for me to try.
Its my birthday today and I cant put any make up on as it just highlights the dry flaky parts. At least it'll be dark in the pub!

MousyMouse Sat 13-Apr-13 13:38:05

second aveeno.
great stuff.
in addition I use weleda skin food, which is richer, at night.

Mendi Sat 13-Apr-13 20:56:08

I tried LRP Cicaplast after reading about it on here and had a horrendous reaction which lasted several days. Bright red, puffed up face.

I have found the Eucerin Q10 cream really fantastic for my eczema-prone skin. Since the Cicaplast episode I've become a bit OCD about what I can use and am now bulk buying the Eucerin.

MistyB Sat 13-Apr-13 21:08:59

Rose hip oil or almond oil. (My children get dry patches and these really work!)

ToothGah Sat 13-Apr-13 21:25:35

Simple Derma cream is really good and recommended for eczema smile

daisydoodoo Sun 14-Apr-13 14:05:45

The aveeno seems to be working. Going to buy something specifically for faces though as it does make my skin feel very greasy.

Thanks for the tips.

MasterOfTheYoniverse Sun 14-Apr-13 14:10:22

Physiogel lotion and A1 cream.

cupcake78 Sun 14-Apr-13 14:17:09

The only thing that works for me is hair back and loads and I mean loads of epaderm, hydromol or aqueous cream. Like a continuous face mask for all day and night if you can. Keep re applying it even if its every hour.

No makeup for as long as possible, or limit it to areas not affected and basic mascara. Stay away from powder. Then keep putting on very simple cream numerous times a day on affected areas for at least a week/fortnight.

Once it's under control Aveeno day and night and again limited makeup. Also watch your diet and try to keep hair off your face! Conditioner and shampoo left on hair can irritate and prolong healing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now