Talk

Advanced search

What to wear to evening part of wedding? I'm a guest not the bride!

(6 Posts)
Fridayschild Fri 12-Apr-13 14:59:06

One of my colleagues has invited me to the evening of her wedding celebration - it's ages since I've been to a wedding where some people just come to the evening part. What do I wear? The same sort of thing as I would wear if I was invited to the whole day? Or something else?

thanks

Mockingcurl Fri 12-Apr-13 19:00:00

I went to one of these a couple of weeks ago. I wore a knee length black dress with a short cardi. Most women were in frocks or trousers and a posh blouse. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

KristinaM Fri 12-Apr-13 20:02:14

If they are inviting evening guests then its probably quite a large and formal wedding, not just a few pals to the pub afterwards for a drink. Many of the other guests will have been there all day so will be very smart.

I woudl go with a lovely dress , what you would wear to the whole wedding minus a hat and jacket /coat. I wouldn't wear trousers unless they are very clearly dress trousres, very floaty etc worn with heels. Nothing that remotely looks like smart jeans or office wear . But that's just me.

Black seems quite acceptable to wear as an eveing guest interestingly. But not white.

Fridayschild Sat 13-Apr-13 07:50:13

Thanks! All my black clothes are tainted by having been worn to work, but will go with a dressy dress.

I know I will look better if I don't look worried about what I'm wearing. I'll manage that by the time I get. It's the content of my wardrobe which worries me ...

tri10 Sat 13-Apr-13 08:06:48

I think as long as you avoid jeans and anything you would wear work you will be fine. I think a dress is the easiest. Are you wanting something new or to wear something you already have?

LadyMountbatten Sat 13-Apr-13 08:38:57

a dress?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now