Talk

Advanced search

Disappointed with lack of the classic pieces M&S have been advertising in store.

(7 Posts)
practicality Fri 12-Apr-13 14:49:44

Ooh! I got terribly excited when I saw some classic pieces advertised. You know, the perfect shirt, ballet pumps etc recently. It is all over their website too.

I have been moaning for ages about the lack of plain, well cut wardrobe staples ANYWHERE. Saw this and thought great. Well overdue.

I wanted to feel the fabrics, assess the cuts and view the range in a collection. I wanted to see if they were catering for different heights in this range and see if it was interchangeable.

I went into a large department store of theirs. Very little of the stock was in evidence. Those bits I could find were scattered all over the store.

Now I don't want to rummage around wafting through the endless trousers racks and the seemingly random assortment of clothes. I want to walk in to a section, see all the stuff arranged just so.

M&S SORT IT OUT.

Moan over.

Startail Fri 12-Apr-13 14:53:02

There is a nice navy jacket in the Email they sent me on the 10th, already out of stock on the web in all it 8 and 18.

What is the point?

Startail Fri 12-Apr-13 14:55:44

Surely there is fuck all point in adverts for clothes you haven't got both on line and in your shops.

To add insult to injury the nice jacket is following me about in the side bar adverts on other sites.

Meglet Fri 12-Apr-13 14:57:23

yanbu.

I have seen 2 pretty dresses advertised in store on the big wall displays. Sort of thing that doesn't look like it's from M&S and would have looked good over skinny jeans.

Each time I asked what rail they were on and was told they weren't carried in our store so I had to go on line angry. Apparently they just show the general ad campaign regardless of whether they stock it.

So I didn't bother looking on line and won't bother again in the future.

fromparistoberlin Fri 12-Apr-13 15:18:36

muppets

i liked their raincoat saw in grazia but you go on website and cant even see which one it is

FAIL

libertychick Fri 12-Apr-13 15:50:52

And they wonder why their clothes sales continue to fall??!

M&S really missing a trick, there is such a gap in the market for good quality, mid range price basics - I have been in 3 branches of M&S in the last two weeks and could not find the advertised products.

ChablisLover Fri 12-Apr-13 17:38:00

The white shirt is out of stock too!

It would have been perfect for work

The trench though feels very synthetic. Was disappointed.

Want to see the black dress though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now