Talk

Advanced search

Anti-static shampoos/conditioners or hair products. Recommendations please!

(3 Posts)
Justaregularcat Fri 12-Apr-13 13:53:18

Lately my hair has been really static and flyaway after blow-drying and straightening. I haven't changed my shampoo/conditioner, I use L'Oreal (I can't remember the exact name of it and am too lazy to go upstairs and look grin but it's the one for coloured hair.) I haven't changed my styling routine either. Blowdry straight with a round brush, then straighten. (I always use a heat protection spray.)

I've been straightening my hair for years as it's naturally frizzy. I know it's not the best thing you can do for your hair, but as I say, have been for years and it hasn't suffered too much. I've never had this flyaway/static problem so consistently though, until just recently.

So, anyone use anti-static products that they can recommend? I've used Frizz-Ease before, but not for a long time, and have found that pretty good, so might go back to that. I use serum after straightening.

Pandsbear Fri 12-Apr-13 19:08:12

Might not be anything you are doing - it has been a long cold winter and that makes a lot of difference to how your hair behaves especially with all the heating/dry air in buildings. Might be better in a couple of weeks if the weather actually warms up!

Justaregularcat Sat 13-Apr-13 12:00:57

Yeah, I did think it might be the bloody awful weather too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now