Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to a Joules big sale?

(9 Posts)
Allice Fri 12-Apr-13 10:20:55

There is one in Ipswich this weekend, I live about 40 minutes away. Has anyone been to one before? Is it worth going? Meant to be up to 70% off, can't seem to find much on the internet to see if it's worthwhile or not.

flowers

chuckeyegg Fri 12-Apr-13 20:08:15

Don't know, wish I was up that way. smile

mrsvandertramp Fri 12-Apr-13 20:11:40

That sounds worth going to Allice - thanks for posting!

ChippyMinton Fri 12-Apr-13 20:15:07

I went to one near Leicester before Christmas, and was less than impressed tbh. I bought one item, and it turned out to be the same price in the website sale. Friends I went with used to go all the time, and scoop up real bargains but they reckon it's not worth bothering with now.

CMOTDibbler Fri 12-Apr-13 20:19:42

I went to one last year and bought a few things, but it wasn't amazing bargains to be honest

poppyinthemiddle Fri 12-Apr-13 21:22:30

Sharpen your elbows!!

WillPenn Fri 12-Apr-13 21:26:43

Went to one in Edinburgh and was seriously underwhelmed. No kids stuff and nothing else worth having really. Nowhere near as good as the Boden ones I've been to in the past.

Allice Sat 13-Apr-13 21:54:21

I went in the end, I thought it was pretty good, spent £125 and the label value of the stuff was about £280.

It was mobbed but I got there as it started and didn't have to wait for too long to get in, they were letting batches of people in at a time, although it was busy it wasn't terrible. There were quite a few Joules staff there helping with sizes.

It was all piled neatly on tables at first, within about 5 minutes it looked like a jumble sale! The pricing was a bit difficult to understand, at least it was for me! But I might be a bit thick!

I'd do it again but I think I'd go the first day as it opens, especially as it's the VIP day (I got an e-mail invite but they didn't ask for proof) and I got an extra 10% off.

theoriginalandbestrookie Sat 13-Apr-13 21:58:11

Went to the one in Edinburgh a couple of years ago - arrived too early and they let me in. Loads of kids stuff, nothing for adults, but then I'm a bit meh about Joules womans wear anyhow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now