Talk

Advanced search

Help to accessorise!

(8 Posts)
winniewoo Thu 11-Apr-13 21:45:07

Calling all style gurus... Decided on this dress for upcoming weddings....Any thoughts on how to accessorise... Colour of shoes/bag. Nude or navy and would I need a wrap? And fascinator? Argh... Hopeless with stuff like this! Thanks in advance.
Not sure about linking.....
http://m.houseoffraser.co.uk/Adrianna+Papell+Lace+peplum+dress/178838177,default,pd.html

ivanapoo Thu 11-Apr-13 23:01:46

I would go neutral, I think navy shoes would look too matchy-matchy.

Personally I quite like the way they've styled it in the pics with mink coloured shoes. Maybe with a subtle metallic bag (gold)?

As it's got sleeves you might get away with no wrap etc. It is quite a busy dress so I would probably not wear a fascinator or hat unless required. Maybe look at some pretty jewelled hair clips or something instead.

MoonlightandRoses Thu 11-Apr-13 23:29:11

Here's the link. Navy's great - it will go with fairly much anything you'd like to put it with. As it's lace though, I'd stick with a block colour rather than patterned.

With the style I'd steer clear of fascinators and go for a nod to (or actual) vintage '30's/'40's - bit like this but different colour and snip the feathers. Try Folksy or your nearest vintage shops either.

winniewoo Fri 12-Apr-13 08:07:51

Thanks so much girls.

ifancyashandy Fri 12-Apr-13 08:12:54

It's a lovely dress and I may well copy for a wedding I've got! (Yours isnt in Tunbridge Wells is it?!)

I'd go with a very bright colour - I'd try coral shoes with a gold / bronze bag. Or maybe silver one (but I suit gold better).

Thanks!

winniewoo Fri 12-Apr-13 12:24:01

Ha! no miles away in Scotland. Maybe bright colour although I am a bit of a wall flower!

ifancyashandy Fri 12-Apr-13 18:18:57

But shoes would be subtle enough. Don't do nude - too Duchess of Kate (can't remember what she's the Duchess of!). Or maybe a bright ring and bag - again, subtle and you put the bag down also.

ifancyashandy Fri 12-Apr-13 18:20:56

And good that we won't have that 'oh FUCK! She's in the same dress as me' moment!

I once had it with a coral dress - I'd put a black belt, black shoes and white blazer with it and low and behold; another in exactly the same combo at a works do! Spent the whole time avoiding each other! Bad times!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now