Talk

Advanced search

What trousers should I be looking for, if my legs resemble sausages?

(5 Posts)
alarkaspree Thu 11-Apr-13 20:05:12

I have a few pairs of uniqlo straight skinny jeans, which look okay (I have never had trousers that look actually good) but are a bit big around the waist. In past summers I have worn wide-leg linen trousers but I now know that is considered the height of frumpiness and I have no idea what to wear instead when it's too hot for jeans.

I am a size 12ish (sometimes 10 on top, sometimes 14 on the bottom but then the waist would be really huge). I have normal hips but enormous thighs and quite big calves, and my legs are very short, so skirts are not great on me either.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!

FauxFox Fri 12-Apr-13 12:41:50

I think wide leg linen trousers are only frumptastic if they are those horrid drawstring waist ones, a nice tailored pair is surely a sartorial staple? Maxi skirts are supposedly back this summer too - would they work for you?

practicality Fri 12-Apr-13 13:49:59

Flat fronted/high waist linen mix wide leg trousers should do the trick. If you want to elongate the leg get them a little long and wear a wedge.

The high waist should then fit and give you enough material over hips etc.

Also try a maxi skirt. Heavy jersey slightly A-line. Legs remain a mystery and it's stress free.

practicality Fri 12-Apr-13 13:56:00

Also a good plain maxi dress in a heavy jersey mix is a godsend. The Boden black one is good this year but size down. It has the advantage of looking casual with birkis and a cropped denim jacket or dressed up with smarter sandals/ ballet pumps and cropped Cardigan etc.

Next are quite good usually for highwaisted/petite trousers.

Steatopygus Fri 12-Apr-13 14:22:05

You sound constructed along similar lines to me – smallish waist, relatively giant legs (and skinny jeans just do. not. fly. on me). I am quite tall, though. Anyway, last summer I more or less lived in the navy version of these trousers from Cos – they do look good with heels if your legs need lengthening.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now