Talk

Advanced search

Perfumes that smell of coconut?

(18 Posts)
Ashoething Thu 11-Apr-13 19:23:18

I usually buy Estee lauder's Bronze goddess for summer but as well as changing the bottle they seem to have reformulated it too-no longer smells coconutty-boo!

I like very strong long lasting perfumes-budget up to £50. Any ideas for a nice summer perfume with coconut please?

SirToffeeDoris Thu 11-Apr-13 19:37:03

Versace Crystal Noir? Very coconut oily (I love it, but it is not subtle)

CatelynStark Thu 11-Apr-13 19:39:06

SJP NYC! I bought some from Amazon on a Lightning Deal and it's amazingly coconutty smile

HarrietSchulenberg Thu 11-Apr-13 19:40:07

Can't get more coconutty than the Body Shop's Coconut Oil perfume. I used to wear it a lot. And Vanilla. I must have smelled like a cake. Still nice smells though.

HazleNutt Thu 11-Apr-13 19:45:30

The most coconutty you can get is this:
www.comptoir-sud-pacifique.com/gamme-produit/produit/6/463/coco-extreme.html

I always get compliments when I wear it, sometimes mixed with their Vanilla Extreme.

Kowalski Thu 11-Apr-13 19:52:34

There's one I like from Avon (not everyone's taste I know), called Tahitian Holiday. Very coconutty!

MiconiumHappens Thu 11-Apr-13 19:58:26

If you use body shop body butter coconut - you will smell coconut try all day smile

I love coconutty perfumes too and am always looking for a new one! But BG is my favourite.

EL don't market the original BG all year round and for the past two years have brough out a "variation" on BG which doesn't smell at all of coconut but you should still be able to buy the original.

My next try is the one Hazel linked to.

I liked Virgin Island Water by Creed but it just wasn't coconutty enough - too limey.

ifancyashandy Thu 11-Apr-13 20:09:13

Have they changed Bronze Goddess since last year?

No, no and thrice bloody no.

MrsJaqenHgar Thu 11-Apr-13 20:09:19

Laura Murcier coconut & almond.

MrsJaqenHgar Thu 11-Apr-13 20:09:44

*Mercier

awkwardsis Thu 11-Apr-13 20:11:10

I came on to recommend Bronze Goddess! I adore it and hate coconut usually. Are you sure they've released it yet? It's normally not available til later in the year iirc.

barleysugar Thu 11-Apr-13 20:11:29

Can you still get Bali Dream by Estée Lauder? That's a very grown up coconut, not too sweet smelling.

NewGirlInTown Thu 11-Apr-13 21:16:42

Virgin Island Water by Creed is essence of summer holidays in a bottle, I adore it, just the right amount of coconut for me.
Remember the Hawaiian Tropic sun tan range? Love that too

Jaeme Thu 11-Apr-13 21:24:49

Victoria's Secret coconut passion

Ashoething Fri 12-Apr-13 08:36:35

The bad reviews of Bronze Goddess were on estee lauders own site. Also they don't seem to have brought out a flanker this year-last years was capri I think? It was too orangey for me and that's what the reviews said of the new one. I cant stand fruity perfumes.

Ashoething Fri 12-Apr-13 08:48:34

I just had another look at the website and there is definitely no coconut or amber listed in the ingredients. But there is in the boy oil version so I might go with that.

BinksToEnlightenment Fri 12-Apr-13 09:13:34

I would use a complimentary perfume and then body shop coconut perfume oil on your neck to add spice to it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now