Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone else used the Garnier Olia hair dye?

(9 Posts)
TheOrchardKeeper Thu 11-Apr-13 16:01:07

Wanted to use the intense red one

Anyone else used it?

Does it frazzle your hair?

Does it fade really quickly?

TIA smile

RevoltingPeasant Thu 11-Apr-13 16:45:42

Yes! I have Deep Red on now.

I like it! I thought because it has fewer nasty chemicals it might fade quicker but I haven't found that. No, doesn't frazzle - the opposite as it has no peroxide. I like the conditioner.

It's not the same as getting it done professionally I guess but I'm saving ££ now so it's a good alternative. Better than Garnier Nutrisse.

slug Thu 11-Apr-13 16:54:59

Have the intense Auburn one on now. Like it, especially as I have slightly excema prone skin and this has not triggered anything.

fedupofnamechanging Fri 12-Apr-13 21:25:06

I have used this brand. Can't remember which shade (dark brown). It didn't itch or irritate my scalp, like some I have tried and was very easy to use (didn't drip all over the bathroom). Did mine a couple of months ago and am now seeing the odd grey hair coming back, but it was no worse in this sense than other brands.

HaveAGoodDay Fri 12-Apr-13 21:46:50

I used it (iced chocolate) the other night. I found that once you have it on your head, it sets quite 'hard' - not easy to massage in as the instructions advise you to. If you have shoulder length or long hair you will need two boxes.

When it came to rinsing the dye out my hair didn't feel as smooth as it does with other dyes. However, once dried, my hair was shiny and soft, the colour was nice, at least it didn't go black like some brown dyes can!

I've washed my hair once since dying it & it looks shiny & healthy.

Karma - how dark did the Dark Brown turn out was it more of a black?

applecrumbleandcream Sat 13-Apr-13 07:26:00

I didn't like it all, colout was ok but it didn't cover grey very well and roots and temples were showing again after a week! ! Nah not for me. I'll stick to Gamer Nutrisse!

fedupofnamechanging Sat 13-Apr-13 08:59:18

The one I used definitely came out brown, rather than black. But I can't remember exactly which one it was.

HaveAGoodDay Sun 14-Apr-13 13:06:55

Just an update, I've now washed my hair for the second time since colouring, and I have to say I'm disappointed. My roots ate showing through, where the dye was on for the longest time and generally on the whole the colour hasn't lasted at all?!

Back to the salon for me, pricy I know but much better application & results.

HaveAGoodDay Sun 14-Apr-13 13:07:33

My roots are not ate!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now