Talk

Advanced search

Erm... anyone still looking at ankle boots?

(19 Posts)
YoniOno Thu 11-Apr-13 12:55:24

I know, it's supposed to get hot at some point. But my trusty New Look pleather ones have broken so I need some more. I cba spending much but may as well get something decent if there's anything in sales?

Something Pistol-ish ideally - black, low ish heel, stops at ankle, to wear with the usual skinnies etc.

God I'm boring myself with this. But any bargains you've spotted would be much appreciated thanks

YoniOno Thu 11-Apr-13 13:07:15

Ok I really cba looking at loads so have just ordered these on the basis that they are a bargain and so even though I'm not in love with them, they should last.

As you were...

ToastedTeacakes Thu 11-Apr-13 13:34:44

these

www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=1&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33057&storeId=12556&productId=5934280&langId=-1&sort_field=Relevance&categoryId=208544&parent_categoryId=208492&pageSize=20

they reissue them every year and the quality is great. Mine are going strong after 2 yrs!

TomArchersSausage Thu 11-Apr-13 13:38:35

I've been umming about these but they only have a lightish brown colour in my size.

CambridgeBlue Thu 11-Apr-13 13:41:50

I've just bought the Clarks Melanie Janes in brownish/grey suede but I think they come in black leather too. They were in the sale so about £45 instead of £60ish and I'm really pleased with them - both comfy and stylish (imo anyway smile).

bunnymother Thu 11-Apr-13 13:43:23

I think those Scaffold ones look great - excellent shape and detailing. Hope you love them, YoniOno. and your massage (cannot stop chuckling about that thread...)

YoniOno Fri 12-Apr-13 12:50:15

Shoeaholics are the BEST. Boots arrived today and are gorgeous. Perfect. £150 down to £29, lovely thick leather, delivered in under 24hrs. Highly recommend both the company and the boots smile

mum47 Fri 12-Apr-13 12:52:53

They are lovely, I am tempted to order them myself..

thriftychic Fri 12-Apr-13 15:05:03

i am tempted to order from there aswell , only thing putting me off is that returns are not free . i have already ordered and returned 2 pairs to dune this week , i am stupidly fussy over footwear so dont know ...

bunnymother Fri 12-Apr-13 16:01:28

If I didn't have 3 pairs of black ankle boots, I really would have bought them. And, if the weather doesn't improve, I think I will anyway!!

ElBombero Fri 12-Apr-13 22:25:31

Just bought some super gorgeous rocket dog satire boots. As you describe really n very comfy. Around £40 x

SoftKittyWarmKitty Sun 14-Apr-13 15:29:41

Yoni they look fab! What's the sizing like? Does it come up big/small/normal?

scripsi Sun 14-Apr-13 16:24:29

If anyone has seen both the Topshop and Carvela Scaffold boots in real life, which would you say are cut lower? I am short, have relatively big calves but thin ankles, so I need to show a little bit of lower leg/ankle to balance myself out.

Megsdaughter Sun 14-Apr-13 16:30:25

Ive got these in three colours all bought in sales, think I bought them for around the £50.00 mark.

Bought the red ones new on ebay for £35.00

Really really comfy.

SoYoFromKokomo Sun 14-Apr-13 16:31:34

Just bought a cheapo £25 tan pair in new look today but now want the topshop ones too! Might just order them when DH isn't looking!

ExcuseTypos Sun 14-Apr-13 17:17:16

Thanks for highlighting the shopaholics website. I didn't know about it. Have just ordered some ankle boots, cant believe the discount!

YoniOno Sun 14-Apr-13 19:26:59

Top shop ones are def lower - the scaffolds aren't that low at all. They avoid looking mumsy by having quite a cowboy ish vibe, pointy ish toes and the Chelsea type stretchy bits. I had the same concerns - the boots I had previously were so low they were almost like shoeboots and hence flattering, but these are slightly higher so seem flattering in that way iyswim. I wore them for a full day stomping around London yesterday and were comfy. I would say they are true to size but quite narrow, not massively so, just due to the style of toe.

DownyEmerald Sun 14-Apr-13 21:11:37

I've just bought some Dune ones from ASOS. these.

I also would buy the Acne pistols if money no object, but I'm enjoying my zippy ones.

thehairybabysmum Sun 14-Apr-13 21:14:15

I have recently bought these boots&Rf-700=1000&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=-1&sort=-1&clr=Burgundy here

They are lovely and a bargain!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now