Talk

Advanced search

Toast taking the P*ss

(9 Posts)
ToastedTeacakes Thu 11-Apr-13 11:58:42

They've been bugging me for a while to be honest, but after a quick browse I was completely blown away by the fact that you now have to give them your email address (sign up for spam, basically) to merely browse the sale section! WTF????????

So if I want to check out what items are reduced I have to sign up. This is so off-putting.

I mean.....arse to that! I wonder how many people thought the same and didn't bother.

Avenue57 Thu 11-Apr-13 12:44:03

Talk about alienating your customer! I would give them this just to look
I bet they remove it pretty quickly!!

Fiona

greyvix Thu 11-Apr-13 12:46:55

What's more annoying, is that everything has sold out online! In their store, there is very little in the sale.
I am also annoyed that their changing rooms are so dark you can't see anything. I think that's the point; the clothes look lovely on the models in the catalogue, but do nothing for real people.

ToastedTeacakes Thu 11-Apr-13 13:28:15

They've never accommodated my foot size either. Now they want to spam me for looking at shoes that won't fit. (disgruntled!)

ToastedTeacakes Thu 11-Apr-13 13:29:51

they're worse than Boden for making you wait many moons for stock to appear. everything i've ever considered purchasing from there has always been on some sort of waiting list. surely by now they can hazard a guess as to how much stock they require per season..

Allthingspretty Thu 11-Apr-13 19:01:54

bionic77 Fri 12-Apr-13 10:22:40

This annoyed me too, but I was still curious so I made up an email address and entered that. Having said that there wasn't much to look at.

FrancesFarmer Fri 12-Apr-13 11:24:37

Does anyone else think they moving to a more fast fashion model of selling?

They have a new collection every month now and regular sales. Also, some of the more popular pieces seem to sell out really quickly - that never happened in other years so I assume their stock levels are lower.

I'm a bit disappointed because I don't like being rushed into buying things.

ToastedTeacakes Fri 12-Apr-13 12:44:15

In my experience, fast fashion generally at least has stock in supply. Toast almost never have stuff in even a day after releasing it. The amount of times I've just walked away because of this is ridiculous. Not sure what direction they're taking, but even topshop don't force me to sign up just to view meager sales offerings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now