Talk

Advanced search

skater dress for an apple?

(4 Posts)
doineedhelp Thu 11-Apr-13 08:47:09

so i have got this dress
www.very.co.uk/club-l-polka-dot-skater-dress/1229749987.prd?browseToken=%2fq%2fskater+dress%2fr%2f100
I am generally useless with dresses but liked this one as it has sleeves and is quite funky. I tried it on and wasnt sure but my DH said it looked lovely on me, which really doesnt happen very often with dresses.

I am 5ft 8in, size 12/14 with 34ff boobs and good legs. But as all apples i don't have much of a waist to speak of. It feels comfy and i don't think i look hideous in it, but what are the rules, should apples steer clear of this type of dress. My worry is i will look too top heay with long slim legs poking out of a quite short dress... Hmmmm, a bit like a polka dot toffee apple grin

Sage advice from S&B ladies needed please

BabyRuSh Thu 11-Apr-13 08:56:54

I think it's very nice! I might get one myself! grin but then I'm a pear... If you're a size 12/14 you can't be too much of a apple? I really think it depends how large your middle is!

thebestpossibletaste Thu 11-Apr-13 09:08:56

It's a funky dress but I'm apple shape, similar measurements to you and I don't think I'd wear it, I need something that defines my (non existent) waist more. Tend to go for deeper necks, mainly v or wrap.

doineedhelp Thu 11-Apr-13 11:32:26

babyrush it will look fab on you...
thebestpossibletaste unfortunately i think you are right, i am returning it, thanks for the advice thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now