Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I need to fade my hair colour:/

(8 Posts)

Had it coloured today and it's a bit too dark. To be fair to the hairdresser he was trying to sort out my old dye/henna/natural grey bits..so not an easy task and it needed to go a bit darker brown than I would usually do as a result.

But it's a bit too dark. I don't want to go back and mess with it even more chemically but wonder if anyone has any tips on helping it fade a bit quicker than normal! It was done with Redken Chromatics (so oil based no ammonia) if that makes any difference!

RainbowsFriend Wed 10-Apr-13 21:56:59

I find if I wash with my DP's head and shoulders the colour fades within a couple of DAYS shock

I've accidently dyed my hair almost black a few times when I've been distracted with something, and H&S always sorts it out smile

williaminajetfighter Wed 10-Apr-13 22:05:54

Boots sell hair colour remover. In a box like hair dye but it strips your hair back a few shades. Last time I was there I saw two brands including one by that big brother hair styling idiot Lee someone.

mercury7 Thu 11-Apr-13 01:18:17

try combing in some vegetable oil (any old one will do) let it soak in a bit then wash out with head & shoulders..works for me and I find the oil helps with the condition

Fanjounchained Thu 11-Apr-13 07:38:39

Washing up powder...I was told this by a hairdresser. Doesn't leave your hair in the best condition but you can always slap on a conditioner afterwards.

CrispyHedgeHog Thu 11-Apr-13 07:46:02

Be careful if you use the colour strippers, I did and my hair went bright ginger!

Jaeme Thu 11-Apr-13 19:01:00

Second the head and shoulders, have heard fairy liquid does too.

I wouldn't use colourb4 / remover on it as it could end up a really nasty colour and you're back to square one.

Howmanytimes Thu 11-Apr-13 20:41:11

My hairdresser uses fairy liquid to fade her colour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now