Talk

Advanced search

Food supplements for dry skin?

(7 Posts)
MaybeBentley Wed 10-Apr-13 18:25:55

Having tried all sorts of lotions and potions I can't shift my dry and scaley skin on my arms and legs. Can anyone recommend food supplements that may help?

EggbertShellyandYoko Wed 10-Apr-13 18:30:29

Someone recommended upthread somewhere to buy 'perfectil' which is hair, skin and nails. Currently on offer at Asda where you can buy 3 packs for £10, so may be worth trying them out. Other than that, my youngest DCs suffer with eczema and the best thing I have bought to sooth itchiness is the Palmers Cocoa butter and it has done my hands no harm whilst putting it on them - lovely and soft! Good luck and hope you find something to help you.

JumpHerWho Wed 10-Apr-13 21:34:27

Tesco do an own brand supplement for hair skin and nails which is basically the same as Perfectil but cheap as chips, try that first. Although maybe for dry skin something like fish oil supplements would help most?

MsWinnieBaygo Wed 10-Apr-13 21:36:04

Have you tried a dermaflannel on them? Great reviews on the bravura website

Aren't macademia nuts meant to be good for skin?

Isthisme Wed 10-Apr-13 21:42:46

I have just started taking Vit b6.

Have you tried Eucerin? It's quite expensive but has stopped my snake like skin from shedding on back and legs-yuck. I thought I would also try the vitamin to stop the problem from the inside, but honestly the eucerin is the best thing i have ever used (i don't need to use it every day just alternate days seems to do the trick)

TheYamiOfYawn Thu 11-Apr-13 11:31:31

I take evening primrose oil and fermented cod liver oil, which does made a big difference.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now