Talk

Advanced search

Please tell me how to use Benetint/Posietint correctly!

(8 Posts)
MrsMeow Wed 10-Apr-13 16:50:12

I have both and love the natural colour they give my cheeks, but I seem to really struggle to apply it properly. I find that if I dot it on to my cheeks p, even if I rub it in straightaway it kind of stains my skin. I know this is the idea!! but it leaves stains where I've dotted it, if that makes sense?

Also, should I put it on before or after foundation or powder? I'd appreciate any tips!

Erm... After foundation (I don't use powder). I just put a teeny splodge on each cheek and then rub it around a bit to leave a stain.

revolvenotevolve Wed 10-Apr-13 17:56:49

I use it in conjunction with the highlighter highbeam. I put a two small splodges on each cheek and then a dab of benetint next to it and then very quickly rub in in and together. Yes also find it can stain into a blemish type thing if not rubbed in quickly enough!

TWinklyLittleStar Wed 10-Apr-13 18:00:35

It goes on last, although I don't use powder. Do you use primer? You should find a decent primer will stop it staining, and make it easier to blend.

MrsMeow Wed 10-Apr-13 18:28:03

Thanks for the tips, I'll have another go! I alternate between foundation and powder depending on how much time I have in the mornings blush but seem to struggle more when I try and use it after using powder.

I don't use primer a lot - will have a go in a minute and see if it makes a difference for me smile

HappyGirlNow Wed 10-Apr-13 18:31:59

Don't use it with powder, it won't mix well with it. Use it after foundation and powder round it if you need to.

MrsMeow Thu 11-Apr-13 12:06:31

Thanks happygirlnow, I'll have a play later on smile

Pamsie Thu 11-Apr-13 12:42:27

After foundation, one cheek at a time. Apply three stripes on one cheek and blend quickly. Follow with other cheek. The trick, in my experience, is not to allow the tint to dry up when you've applied it to your cheek, so a quick blending is essential.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now