Talk

Advanced search

Acne

(4 Posts)
OneLittleLady Wed 10-Apr-13 15:55:35

So, as a new side effect to one of my medications, I've developed a mild to moderate case of acne on one side of my face. I haven't had it since I was an early teen and don't know how to treat it. Is it worth going to the doctors and having something prescribed or is there something I can do at home with creams/washes that will lessen its appearance. TIA

justthewayiam Wed 10-Apr-13 16:08:03

hI OneLLittleLady
If you think you have developed a condition connected to medication ALWAYS consult your doc even if it seems trivial. He can take a look and advise whether you need to change medication or not and comment on ways to help. You dont say how old you are or what medication you are on but that your acne is only on one side of your face could prove significant. Always check it out, just in case.

FrugalFashionista Wed 10-Apr-13 16:10:59

Try La Roche Posay products first (I like the foaming face wash and the AI topical treatment 2x daily for breakout areas).
If you see no difference within a few weeks, talk to the doctor (he can among other things prescribe creams and antibiotics, sometimes also address/switch medications that are causing the breakouts).

OneLittleLady Wed 10-Apr-13 16:14:31

I just don't want to waste the doctors time with what is mostly a cosmetic issue. I don't look too bad at the minute, just a little lumpy. I will look at what you've suggested FF and if I see no improvement, then I will go to the doctors. MY CPN is due out tomorrow anyway so I can ask her about the side effects before I do anything else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now