Talk

Advanced search

Help me work out what trousers I can wear

(5 Posts)
Lulabellarama Wed 10-Apr-13 13:31:11

Having seen a picture of myself at the weekend I've realised I cannot wear skinnies. I'm fairly slim but have shapely legs as I cycle and walk a lot and in skinnies they don't look right at all. I look good in skirts IMO but trousers are just so much easier, particularly as I HATE tights.

So what should I be wearing? I'm generally quite lazy so don't like the idea of having to iron, though I realise I might have to concede on that score. I'm fairly tall but a bit pear shaped and I'm willing to buy some decent stuff if it's really going to work for me.

Help please

mirpuppet Wed 10-Apr-13 18:52:31

As a pear for work wear I find trousers with a side zip best. Most trouser pockets gap.

For jeans -- boot cuts tend to flatter a pear.

Lulabellarama Thu 11-Apr-13 08:46:32

Thank you. With bootcut, what shoes do you wear? I tend to favour converse, but they look a bit odd IMO. And I'm not ready for a mum boot!

ivanapoo Thu 11-Apr-13 09:59:29

I'd look at a tailored slim cut but not too tapered trouser in a dark colour, a bit easier to wear than skinnies. Zara usually has some good ones.

Or you might also look great in a wide leg trouser which are back in fashion.

Lulabellarama Thu 11-Apr-13 13:04:23

Thanks. I love wideleg trousers actually, they seems to balance me pretty well.
I think I'll have to spend some serious time trying stuff on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now